Chapter 7 | We're Counting on You

There are a total of 9 cribs in Mama's room. All 9 1 to 2 year olds in our house are tucked into bed and woken up by her. For some reason, out of all of us kids, the only ones allowed to enter her room to help the toddlers bathe and get changed...are the eldest girls in the house.

***

"We won't be able to approach her. If we try now, Mama will start to suspect us." Ray explained.

***

Maiko knocked on the door to Mama's bedroom and opened the door, her, (Y/N), Emma, and Gilda walked in, carrying some white cloth.

***

"We've got to find and destroy the trackers. Otherwise, we'll never be able to escape. Especially if we want to take everybody with us! We're counting on you two... Emma, Maiko!" Ray told the girls.

***

We'll definitely inspect Carol... And discover... Some new, useful information!

Emma glances over at Carol who was giggling in her crib. Emma then glanced over at Maiko (Y/N), the girls nodded.

***

In the dining room, Ray and Norman were washing the dishes while Sister Krone talked with the younger ones.

"She's already fitting in with everyone else." Norman pointed out as he watched her interact with the little kids.

"Sure looks like it. Either way, for now, we've got to focus on coming up with a way to escape." Ray said.

"Yeah..." Norman agreed.

"It'd be great if we could outsmart those two...but honestly, that probably won't be enough."

"Exactly."

"We can't let them report us!" Norman thought.

"It should be safe to assume that those demons are definitely sitting around somewhere nearby. There's just no way they'd leave a farm that produces high quality goods without security! Therefore...the thing we must avoid at all costs..."

"Is for our escape to get reported to those demons."

"There's only one way to avoid the danger altogether." Ray said.

Ray then gripped the fork that was in his hand and looked over at the side, Norman doing the same. Sister Krone was standing right between them. The woman leaned down to be at eye level with the two boys, she smiled.

"You two are Norman and Ray, right?"

"Yes..." They replied in unison.

"I've heard that you both get full scores on those daily tests!"

"...Yes."

"That's amazing!!"

Krone then backed up from them and smiled.