Chapter 37 | Execution - Part 5

"Calling all employees. We've gotten a telegram from Plant 3. There is a fire in the plant, and 17 have escaped. Of those, four are of the finest quality. From this point forward, we'll enforce maximum security. Kill those who aren't high grade if necessary. However, don't damage any of their heads. Capture them immediately on sight. Don't let them get away."

Lights were turned on and multiple guards began searching among the area, specifically near and around the bridge.

***

The alarm continued to blare and the younger kids panicked.

"The alarm..." Maiko trailed off.

"What do we do?! We're still far away from the bridge." Ray said.

"There's no way. No matter how we go about it, we won't make it in time. By the time we get to the bridge, they will have set up a perimeter. What do we do?! What can we do..." Ray wondered, panic beginning to settle in.

"It's not a problem. We're not heading to the bridge anyway." (Y/n) told him.

Emma stopped walking and pointed to the forest area across the cliff.

"We're going to cross to the other side from here." She said.

Ray stared at Emma in shock before he looked at where she pointed.

"Cross the cliff?!" He thought.

---

If anyone's to escape, it'll be via the bridge. Not the cliff. Anyone would think that. Even mom and the demons. That's why we won't go to the bridge. We'll escape via the cliff.

I checked out the distance to the other side as well as the geographical features. It's a little dangerous, but there's a spot where you can cross. And you have two months to prepare.

---

Don came walking up close to the edge of the wall, he held some rope with rocks tied at the ends.

"I'll be okay as long as I do it like I practised." He thought.

He swung it around in circles before he threw them. The rocks soared through the air and wrapped around one of the trees.

"Got it!" Don, Thoma and Lani whisper-shouted in unison.

---

You just need to get one kid over there.

---

"Let me do it."

The younger kids watched anxiously as Don pulled out a clothing hanger and put it over the rope. Don walked to the edge of the wall and pushed off, sliding down. A rustling sound came as Don crashed into the bushes.

"WHOA!" Don shouted in surprise.

Thoma and Lani shushed him loudly in a panic. On the other side, Don held up a lantern and swung it back and forth as a signal. Thoma and Lani held up bottles filled with a liquid.

"Okay, we're up next!" They whispered.

They shot off the bottles in Don's direction. Once they landed on the grass near Don, he grabbed the ropes tied around the bottles and tied them around two other trees. The kids silently cheered at the success. Nat pulled out a hanger and stepped up to one of the ropes, getting ready to cross. Emma kneels down and pats some of the younger kids on the heads.