Chapter 3: The Stronghold

The batwing was seen, as Batman and Knightcrawler were in front and Robin in the back seats.

Batman: I hope you're right about these mountains.

Robin: I know these mountains well, I've been climbing them since I was four, it was part of my training.

Batman: That's some training for a four year old.

Robin: First time I climbed I fell, broke my wrist, I made it to the top anyways, it was expected, was Ra's Al Ghul's grandson.

Knightcrawler: Grandson of a old hag.

Robin: He was a good man, you don't dare speak about him that way.

Knightcrawler: You definitely didn't know him... not at his best.

Robin: How do you know so much about him?

Knightcrawler: Haven't you learned? I was the first Heir of the Demon before you were born.

Robin: That's a lie.

Knightcrawler: Believe what you want brat, it doesn't matter, nothing matters anymore, he's dead and that's all that matters.

Batman: Damian... was it all like that?

Robin: I was being groomed to lead humanity, like my grandfather, we were going to create a whole new world.

Batman: By killing.

Robin: If that's what it took.

Batman: How do you hope to lead humanity when you've never been part of it.

Robin: *to Batman* What about you? From what I've heard your childhood wasn't a lot of fun either.

Batman: I had my traumas, but I also had people around me to help, Alfred, Dick, others, I had friends. As far I can tell, while you've had your trainers, there's a difference Damian.

Robin looks down just to look at a two mountains that look like cat ears.

Robin: There's the stronghold, beyond those peaks.

The scene changes to Knightcrawler walking around the hallways, he was annoyed that he couldn't find them. But that was until he heard some crying, he puts his face by a wall and hears it louder. Batman and Robin arrived as they see Knightcrawler hearing something.

Knightcrawler: A false wall.

He moves a small brick down, as the wall moves sideways. Batman puts something in the lock, heating it and breaking it. Knightcrawler kicks the door like a champ and breaks it, seeing a woman hugging a girl, those were Kirk's wife and daughter.

Kirk's Wife: Please, don't hurt us. Please.

Kirk's wife hugs her daughter tighter, until Batman steps in.

Batman: We're not here to hurt you.

Kirk's Wife: Oh Batman, thanks heavens. Where's Kirk?

Knightcrawler: Safe miss, I'm going to give pal Nightwing a message and inform him through him to your husband you two are safe.

Knightcrawler starts to write on a phone as Kirk's wife goes towards Batman.

Kirk's wife: We've been so afraid.

Batman: You're all right.

The girl looks at Robin as he looked neutral but the girl runs and hugs him.

Kirk's Daughter: Robin, you saved us.

Robin: This is totally unnecessary.

Kirk's Daughter: *whispering at his ear* Deathstroke said he would spare us if we gave this to you. *gives Robin a phone* Don't tell Batman, please.