Chapter 14: Hong Kong

The scene shows Bruce seated in the cave with Cassandra in front of her, as he holds a board and shows it to her.

Bruce: Ok... let's start with teaching you how to talk.

Cassandra: *sign language* Too... hard.

Bruce: You haven't talked in your life, Cassandra. Is just a matter of time. Trust me, ok?

Cassandra nods as Bruce smiles, as he shows her the word.

Bruce: The word I'm showing you here is "Stop." Try it.

Cassandra: Ssdaaa... Sdaaa... Sss... taa...

Bruce: Your close. Remember, the word is "Stop."

Cassandra starts to struggle, as Bruce lowers the board and walk towards her.

Cassandra: *sign language* Too... hard.

Bruce: You're out of shape, the only language you know is violence and is a terrible thing what happened to you. We will not stop, ok? Me, Dick, Alfred, F/N, we'll help as much as you want and need. I might not be your father in any way but that doesn't mean I shouldn't help you. *puts a hand in her back as she looks down* What's wrong?

Cassandra: *sign language* Can... I... be... like... you?

Bruce: Be Batman? Or a hero? *she makes a peace sign which again it was a two gesture* Cassandra... what they did to you was unforgivable, I hate what they did, you hate them as well, you hate yourself for you thinking your a monster. But maybe that's what we are, monsters. I always consider Batman be a monster, people have called a madness dweller. I haven't figured out yet who killed my parents, and not knowing who did it has left an endless open wound I see every night in Gotham, in me. I embraced that monster I have that I call Batman, just to realize I might have always been a monster, I always consider Batman as the mask but really... Bruce Wayne is the mask to Batman. We're not that different, killing is the easy part, and they made that easier to you. They tried to make you an annihilation, a weapon of destruction, but you didn't let them, to be a hero is not saving a city, a planet, that's not what it means to be a hero, is to be an inspiration, someone who can give everyone a spark to fight back, and I believe you can do that, not as David's daughter or Batman's sidekick, but as Cassandra Cain.

Cassandra looks down as she sniffs once, Bruce puts a hand in her shoulder as she hugs him, she had her face in his shoulders as Bruce felt his shoulder get a bit wet, meaning Cassandra was crying. She separates as a tear fall in her finger and looks at it not knowing what it was.

Bruce: Those are just tears Cassandra... means your human, it happens to everyone, even the best of the best.

Cassandra goes to hug again as Bruce puts his chin in the top of her head, he smiled and kept embracing her.

Bruce: *mentally* I failed to Damian as a father... I won't fail to Cassandra as one either.

Timeskip

The scene shows Y/N packing his crap to go to Hong Kong to visit Richard next day. He gets up and walks to his cabinet grabbing his headphones.

Y/N: Clothes, headphones, what else I need?

He looks and sees in his closet his training clothes he used when he was under Richard's wing. He smiles and grabs a ring he had in a counter and puts it in his middle finger. He smiles and closes the bag and walked away from his room to the kitchen to grab one of Alfred's cheese straws. He went to grab one as he walks away, until he sees Cassandra walking as Y/N saw the dry tears.