Chapter 28: Bad to Worse

Y/N was connected to an IV as he looked to his vitalsp which looked okay. Alfred walked and brought him hot cocoa as he smiled.

Y/N: Thanks, Al.

Alfred: My pleasure.

Y/N grabs the cocoa and starts to drink it.

Y/N: How are the others?

Alfred: Miss Brown is... in a bit of shock, never gone through something like this. Miss Kane and Master Bruce are looking for the others. While that happens... Miss Cain...

Y/N: What?

Alfred: I guess is better for you to see how she's doing?

Scene shows Cassandra looking at some footage, as it shows bunch of Shiva recordings, her training, her fights... everything... but Cassandra just... didn't move.

Y/N: Cass?

She doesn't look at him, just looks at the screen as Y/N goes to put a hand on her shoulder, but in a quick move she hugs him. He looks in shock but hugs back, she had her head on his neck as she started to cry but he reassured her.

Y/N: I'm sorry.

Cassandra: Why? Why her?

Y/N couldn't answer that and puts his head with Cassandra's. He looks at a book in the table as he grabs it and looks at it, as he shows it to Cass who also looks.

Y/N: When I was stressed or like... in bad spots, with the League, I didn't have like... a way to release that stress or my anger, or anything. So I had to find my own ways to do it, I found that... reading is a way, at least for me. I mean, I understand people when they say reading is boring, but like it shows the imagination, the views of many people, and so much more. If you want another way I can take you to a beach, being in nature can help, or doing activities, roller coasters, car racing, jogging, going to other places, that can all help you.

Cassandra looks at the book and looks away as she grabs it and puts it back on the table.

Cassandra: No.

Y/N sighs a little as Cassandra just looked at the screen.

Cassandra: Killers... both... killers...

Y/N: I mean... yeah...

Cassandra: Am I... too... a killer?

Y/N: If you choose to be a killer, but you're not.

Cassandra: Then... a hero?

Y/N: You're already one.

Cassandra: I've been called... monster... thing... something... was I... not... a hero?

Y/N: You're asking if you're not meant?

Cassandra puts a hand on her elbow and another in her shoulder as she nods.

Y/N: Actually... no one is meant to be one, but we choose to become... Bruce's reason to become Batman was to destroy evil, eliminate it forever, he never took the part of being a symbol of hope, and it worked perfectly. Dick wanted revenge for Zucco, he murdered his parents in Haley Circus, so he decided to try and murder him. But Bruce convinced him that killing Zucco wouldn't bring his parents back, if they did, Chill could've been dead, but killing would also send the two in a... dark road with no end and no return. I was given a chance to stop every bastard from being used as weapons, to stop criminals from taking parents live, just so they end like them in some way.

Cassandra still didn't look as Y/N walked and wraps an arm around her.

Y/N: When we talk about... being a hero, is about inspiring and saving, not taking out bad guys, well... not all is about taking down bad guys, but of the things you do to save... the things you sacrifice to save others you care about. You've already proven you can be and are one.