[Volume 1]Chapter 8

Moments before.

Flying high above the forest is both Ruby and Weiss on a.....Giant nevermore.

Weiss: Ruby! I told you this was a terrible idea!

Ruby: We're fine! Stop worrying!

Weiss: I am so far beyond worrying!

Ruby: In a good way?

Weiss: In a bad way! In a very bad way!

Ruby: Well, why don't we just jump?

Weiss: What are you? Insane?!

She is met with silence; Ruby has already disappeared.

Weiss: Oh, you insufferable little red-!

Yang: Blake, did you hear that? What should we do?

Ruby: Heads uuuuuuuup!

Ruby says falling right towards them, finally getting Yang's attention.

Just as she's about to hit the ground panicking, A large armored figure came running out from the treeline and caught the red tipped teen carrying her in a Bridal carry.

Ruby: Oohhhh... What was that?

She asked in a daze, When she snaps out of it she looks up to see Y/N in his armor, She blushed and snuggled into him more, Which he failed to notice.

Ruby: mmmm Thank you......my giant

She blushed harder as she whispered that last part to herself as Jaune goes flying into a tree.

Blake: Did your sister just fall from the sky? And when did Y/N get here?

Yang: I...

Before she can continue, several crashing noises are heard in the forest ahead of them, and an Ursa comes out, claws swiping, just as a pink blast of energy hits it in the back and it crashes to the ground, depositing its rider.

Nora: YEEEE-HAAAAW!  Awwww... It's broken.

She dashes onto its neck and observes the carcass as Ren comes up behind her

Ren: Nora! Please... Don't ever do that again.

He said before looking around for his partner as she disappeared, Said partner is now in the Temple, staring at a golden rook relic

Nora: Oooohh...I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!

Ren: Nora!

Nora: Coming, Ren!

Blake: Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?

Yang: I...

She is interrupted once more as a screech is heard from their right, and Pyrrha Nikos comes onto the scene as the scorpion creature uproots entire trees in its chase after her. Pyrrha narrowly dodges its giant claws and keeps on running.

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Jaune: Pyrrha!

Ruby:  Whoa!...Thank you Y/N

She says as he lets her down.

Yang: Ruby!

Ruby: Yang!

Nora: Nora

As Nora got in the way of the two half sisters, Pyrrha came running into the clearing with a Death stalker storming behind her.

Blake: Did she just run all the way here with a Death Stalker on her tail?

Yang: I can't take it anymore! Can everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!

The tick-tock of a clock counts down as Y/N cools the air around Yang down, Ren running over to a ditzy Nora, and Blake and Ruby looking up.

Ruby: Umm... Yang?

Up above, Weiss is revealed to be hanging on a talon the size of her entire body that belongs to a gigantic Nevermore.

Weiss: How could you leave me?!

Ruby: I said "jump"!

Y/N: How did....Why did?....

Blake: She's gonna fall.

Ruby: She'll be fine.

Ren: She's falling.

Jaune is finally out of the tree, panting until he looks up and grins at the sight of Weiss falling through the air, giving him the opportunity to jump off the branch with arms outstretched and catch her in a slowed-down moment.....he fell right on his face.

Y/N on the other hand just sighed and shook his head as he walked towords where his older sister is bound to land.

Weiss, Who has her eyes closed panicking, did not notice her younge brother waiting there to catch her.

She fell right into his arms 

The Death Stalker is still hunting Pyrrha, but she manages to land on her side at the feet of the heroes.

Yang: Great! The gang's all here! Now we can die together!

Ruby: Not if I can help it!

 Sounds a battle cry as she rushes towards the Grimm.

Yang: Ruby, wait!

Ruby, still screaming, fires Crescent Rose and charges at the oncoming Death Stalker. When the two meet, the Grimm swipes Ruby away and she is knocked back.

Ruby: D-Do-Don't worry! Totally fine!

Ruby turns back to the monster and shoots it in the skull, running away from it and sheathing her scythe as the Death Stalker now goes after her.

Yang: Ruby!

Ruby rushes towards Yang, but the Nevermore caws above them, flapping its wings and releasing lines of sharpened feathers with points that catch on Ruby's cape and prevent Yang from reaching her.

Yang: Ruby, get out of there!

Ruby: I'm trying!

Weiss looked towards Ruby and her Eyes widened, She hastily turned to her brother and pleaded.

Weiss: Y/N! You got to help her.

Y/N Smiles and nods his head.

The Death Stalker approaches, raising its golden stinger above a scared Ruby and heading down on the helpless girl.

Yang: Ruby!

A blue blur races past Yang and reaches the stinger just as it's about to pierce her as a huge wall of Ice is seen blocking the Death Stalkers tail from piecing the young teen.

Y/N: Hey Ruby you ok?

Ruby opens her eyes to the sight of the stinger encased in ice and lowers her arms from their futile position over her head as she stares at her savior.

Ruby: Y/N?......Y/N!

She rushes him and latches onto his front and thanks him over and over again.

Weiss not liking how the young huntress is clinging to her brother drags Ruby off to the side to scold her for her actions.

Weiss: You are so childish! Trying to show off like that, You could have gotten yourself killed if it wasn't for my brother.

Ruby: I'm not trying to show off. I want you to know I can do this.

Weiss: You're fine....And I'm sure my brother thinks so to.

Ruby blushes and looks down messing with the grass.

(Hope you enjoyed)