Volume 7 : Chapter 1

The streets of Atlas were cloaked in an eerie silence as Y/N moved like a shadow through the darkened alleys. His steps were silent, his presence a whisper in the wind. The weight of the newspaper article still burned in his pocket, the memory of Haven Academy's tragedy driving him forward.

As he navigated the labyrinthine streets, the sound of metal meeting metal and the crackle of Dust filled the air. Y/N's senses honed in on the commotion ahead—a clash of forces, the Ace Ops against Team RWBY.

Without hesitation, he quickened his pace, his dark eyes gleaming with determination. The Ace Ops, elite operatives of Atlas, were known for their formidable skills. But Y/N was no stranger to battle, his heart as cold as the ice that surrounded him.

Rounding a corner, he came upon the scene of the battle. Team RWBY, surrounded by the Ace Ops, fought with all the strength and skill they possessed. The streets of Atlas became a battleground, the clash of weapons echoing through the city.

Y/N's presence went unnoticed amidst the chaos, his dark form blending seamlessly with the shadows. His mind raced with a single thought—to protect Team RWBY at all costs.

With a silent command, he summoned his ice magic, tendrils of frost curling around his outstretched fingers. With precision born of years of training, Y/N launched into action.

His ice magic surged forth in a fierce onslaught, catching the Ace Ops off guard. Frost filled the air as Y/N weaved through the chaos, his movements fluid and deadly.

The Ace Ops, momentarily thrown off balance, found themselves on the defensive as Y/N fought with all the fury of a storm unleashed. His attacks were swift and precise, each strike calculated to incapacitate rather than kill.

Ruby's silver eyes blazed with determination as she clashed blades with Harriet, the fastest member of the Ace Ops. Weiss conjured glyphs of ice and fire, her magic weaving a deadly dance around Elm, the powerhouse of the group.

Yang's fists blazed with golden flames as she traded blows with Vine, his agile movements matching her own. And Blake moved with the grace of a shadow, her semblance flickering as she evaded Marrow's bone-shattering attacks.

Together, they formed a formidable force, their teamwork and determination unmatched. The streets of Atlas became a battleground of shadows and steel, the clash of forces echoing through the city.

As the battle raged on, Y/N fought with all the darkness of his soul, his will unyielding. His presence was a beacon of hope amidst the chaos, his actions driven by a single purpose—to protect those he cared for, no matter the cost.

With each strike, Y/N's ice magic grew stronger, his resolve unbreakable. He fought with a relentless fury, his attacks pushing the Ace Ops back.

But amidst the chaos, a civilian stumbled into the fray, caught in the crossfire. Y/N's heart skipped a beat as he hesitated for just a moment.

In that moment of hesitation, the Ace Ops seized their opportunity. With a swift and coordinated strike, they knocked Y/N back, sending him crashing to the ground.

Pain lanced through Y/N's body as he struggled to regain his footing. The sounds of battle echoed around him, the clash of weapons and the cries of the combatants filling the air.

But even as he fought to stand, Y/N's mind was focused on the civilian who had gotten in harm's way. Guilt gnawed at him, a heavy weight in his chest.

As he pushed himself up, Y/N's eyes met those of the civilian—a frightened young girl, her eyes wide with fear. In that moment, Y/N knew he had failed her.