[Volume 1] Chapter 12

We see Jaune in the middle of a spotlight.

He looks at Cardin, who laughs at his opponent's tiredness, and Jaune gathers his strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, as The Executioner sends Jaune's shield - and himself - flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continued to try and attack, but is blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.

Cardin:  This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-!

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune just when the buzzer rings, the lights come back on, and Glynda Goodwitch's voice causes him to stop.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough! 

He relents and walks away as she comes onto the stage, tapping her tablet.

Glynda: Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a , now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Before Glynda could speak a bottle was flung at Cardin's head hitting its target making a Boink noise. It pans over to show Y/N Glaring at Cardin whilst the outline of a bottles is in his hand blinking.

Y/N: Shut up Prick.

Glynda :Mr. Schnee Please do not curse in my class. Anyway Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in , so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of !

The bell rings, and students start leaving while Pyrrha continues to frown sadly. Jaune, still sitting on the floor, hangs his head in shame as the scene goes dark.

Timeskip+

We see Team RWBY, JNPR and COLD were sitting in the lunch room.

Nora:  So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by...GIANT URSA'S

Ren: They were Beowolves.

Nora: Dozens of them!

She screams this as she stands at the table of both Team RWBY and JNPR, where Weiss is ignoring Nora and filing her nails, Ruby and Pyrrha are listening politely, Jaune is messing with his food and Y/N is messing with an Ice Rose in his hand.

Ren:  Two of 'em.

Nora: But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of selling Ursa skin rugs!.

 She explains while Ruby and Pyrrha now look at a distant Jaune with concern, Ruby is quickly distracted by Y/N who hands her the Rose while patting her head which causes her to blush and hide under her hood while inspecting the beautiful Rose.

Ren: She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now.

Pyrrha: Jaune? Are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little... not okay...

Y/N: Mmmmm...

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look! (he holds up a thumb while laughing nervously until his attention is focused on the members of Team CRDL, standing around a girl with brown rabbit ears jutting from her hair as Cardin laughs at her and holds up his hands to his head in a mock interpretation of her unusual features)

Pyrrha: "Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school!"

Jaune: "Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!"

Y/N: He's an Assho-

Ruby: He's a bully.

Ruby said as she cut of the young hunter.

Jaune: Oh, please! Name one time he's 'bullied' me.

Jaune is seen on the way to class as Cardin is going the other way down the hall. When the two pass, Cardin knocks his arm into Jaune and makes him drop his book, then continuing on his way with his hands out as if daring anyone to challenge him.

Jaune:  Ah, come on!

Jaune and Cardin are about to pass through a doorway, but Cardin clicks on Jaune's sheath and extends it into its shield form as he's going out, causing him to run into his own defense and have it block the exit.

Jaune: Come on...!

Glynda is in the locker room with several students, gesturing at the devices.

Glynda: Each of you will be assigned one rocket-propelled locker to store your weapons and extra armor. Additionally, your locker can be sent to a custom location based on a six-digit code.

Hearing this, Cardin looks at Jaune - standing between him and the only open locker in the room - and the cliché plays itself out as Cardin quickly pushes a shocked Jaune into the small dark space and closes the door on him, And tried to launch him off but was stopped by Y/N who then proceeded to put the trouble maker into a separate locker and launching him off.

The others are totally focused on him now.

Jaune: Hey, Y/N Was there to help me.

Pyrrha:  Jaune, you know if you ever need help, you can just ask.

Nora: Ooooh! We'll break his legs!

Jaune:  Guys, really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me; he's a jerk to everyone.

They all looks over as the laughing grows louder, mixed in with cries of pain from the rabbit girl when one of her ears are tugged on by Cardin.

Velvet: Ow! That hurts! Please, stop...

Cardin: I told you it was real!

Fuckwad: What a freak!

Before it could get any worse for the young Faunus A loud thump can be heard as Y/N weapon flys by Cardin and imbeds itself in the table.

Y/N: Cardin let go off her NOW.

Cardin looked around and saw every body looking at him, Being the dumbass he is, He decided to talk back to Y/N.

Cardin: Or wha-

Before he could finish a blue blur could be seen lunging towards him, Nobody could react in time as Y/N appeared in front of him and broke Cardin's Jaw with a single punch.

Velvet Looked on in shock as Y/N continued to beat Cardin to a bloody pulp, The ebating was stopped as a purple bubble surrounded Y/N.

Glynda: MR. SCHNEE! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!!? YOU KNOW WHAT EXPLAIN IT TO OZPIN!

He was quickly brought towards the headmasters elevator.