[Volume 4] Chapter 4

The sounds of thunder and gunfire are heard against a black screen. A wide shot of shows the empty, degraded town. A billowing cloud of dust and pieces of wood rise in the distance around the top of a tree that is barely visible above the town rooftops. Ren, Y/N, Ruby, Jaune  and Nora  all fall back by the dead cherry tree. Qrow is still unconscious and propped against it with Alesha peeking over his shoulder.

The grimm comes into view, twitching its various body parts. It sends out a shockwave roar that causes all but one of the teenagers to flinch. The Grimm looks at the teenagers and turns its head to look at Qrow and Alesha. It begins running toward Them

Y/N: Jaune go to Qrow and Alesha protect them...Ren Use your Semblance to block their fear!.

Jaune sheaths his sword and makes a run for the two. The Nuckelavee lashes out with one of its arms, able to extend it at a far reach. Jaune avoids it and gets Qrow upright, but the Nuckelavee is heading right for them.

Ren uses his to hide Semblance Jaune, Qrow and Alesha from the Grimm, which stops short and looks about in confusion. Jaune stands still, staring at the Grimm.

Y/N: Hurry up Arc! just get them to safety!

Jaune walks away with Qrow And Alesha follows, while the battle resumes. He sets Qrow down behind a building and narrows his eyes at the wounded man before turning to leave. Qrow grabs him by the hand, but falls unconscious before he can say anything.  Jaune looks at him before running back.

The Grimm is using its arms to grab hold of each of the teammates, but is continually distracted by the fire of the next one.

Y/N: Guys, keep moving, go in a circle! Its not good at focusing!

The team follows this plan, and Ruby gets distracted when Jaune sheaths his sword after landing a strike.

Ruby: What are you doing?

She smiles when she realizes that Jaune is using his upgraded weapon to land strikes on the beast.

The fight continues and Ren ends up pinned to a building by a Nuckelavee extended arm.

Nora: Ruby!

Ruby nods, and she uses Crescent Rose to launch Nora in between Ren and the Nuckelavee's would-be fatal strike with its other hand. is pinned to the building above Ren, with Nora dangling from it.

Ren looks up at Nora.

Nora: Stop looking!

She says pulling her skirt down.

Ren:  Ah-ugh.

He blushes and closes his eyes.

Nora grins to herself.

Y/N: Oum you two! Stop flirting in the middle of battle.

Ruby: I know right we're not even that bad.....Right Y/N

Y/N stops standing still and thinks about it

Y/N: Well we haven't had a chance to now that I think about it....

Jaune: Focus you four!

The Nuckelavee flings Nora around until she is knocked to the ground with her depleted. Ren uses to give himself leverage to pull the Nuckelavee hand off of him. He repeatedly goes after the creature, exhibiting reckless behaviour, his eyes wild.

Jaune: Ren! Knock it off!

Ren ignores him and ends up on the ground beside Nora, separated from StormFlower and his Aura also depleted. The two partners rise together, Nora first. Ren's eyes are only on the creature, and Nora tackles him and drags him under a building.