[Volume 4] Chapter 3

Y/N: She can sleep through A lot huh?

He says referring to Alesha

Ruby: Yeah. Come on.

They continue forward.

Ruby: Any of these places look like a pharmacy?

Y/N: No, Sadly they do not.

Among the ruins is an abandoned bicycle.

Y/n: Maybe we could take that for Alesha so I don't have to carry her?

He says smiling. But Ruby doesn't.

Ruby: Ren really didn't want to come here, did he?

Y/N:Uh... didn't seem so.

Ruby: Do you know... why?

Y/N Grits his teeth

Y/N: Well no matter what it is, Letting whatever personal feelings he has get in the way is amateur behaviour and could extend our trip a terrible distance if it is to continue.

Ruby glances at Y/N

Ruby: Y/N I know what Ren said wasn't nice but your here now and there's no reason to put any thought into his words so when we meet back up just....don't you know explode on him please.

Y/N: No but it's fine for everybody else to get in my face huh Rubes.

He sets Qrow down and takes Alesha off his back handing her to Ruby

Y/N: Shout if you need help.

He pets the slowly awakening Faunus before jogging off alone.

/

Wind blows with the whistling note of high altitude as present-day Ren walks a stony ledge. Before him is more of the mountain, with a cave just ahead.

Ren: We never get the easy path, do we?

Nora:  Easy's no fun anyway.

She drops her hands and turns to him.

Nora: You OK?

Ren:  Mmm. And you?

Nora: I'm alright.....What you said was out of pocket Ren but I'll be happy as long as I have  got you  here, Right?

She turns to him and smiles brightly

Ren looks at her Blushing  as if he does not know what to make of her response.

Ren: Eh hem...Yeah I guess I should have thought before I spoke to Y/N. Just not myself right now.

Jaune shouts from a good distance away 

Jaune: Come on you two we gotta keep moving!

Nora: Come on. There's more than one way up a mountain.

Ren watches her for a bit before smiling. Thunder rumbles and Ren loses the smile, turning to look up at the sky.

Nora: Hey! There's wind blowing out of this cave!

'Shown from inside the cave, Ren catches up to Nora. Leaves blow outward toward them.

Nora: Think it might lead to the peak?

Ren: I suppose there's only one way to find ou—ah!

He cuts off as a large piece of fabric abruptly blows out from the cave and covers his face. Nora giggles, covering her mouth with her hands, as Ren frees himself.

Ren: Yes, yes. Very funny.

He looks down at the marked fabric in his hands and goes still. Nora lowers her hands and steps closer.