Chapter 1, Pure Luck

_Author pov_

"HEY!! Don't steal our fish!"

One of the villagers shouted at you who's stealing some fish from the lake for dinner.You got startled by them and started running out of the village with a few villagers following behind you.

You run like your life's depends on it. Luckily,you managed to escape from hot-headed villagers by pure luck if not you are going to get a beating.

Unfortunately,you didn't managed to take at least one fish and you're hungry.

You collapsed while running into the forest and didn't even bother standing up.You are lying on the ground like it's the most comfortable bed in the world. Plus,you don't have energy to do so,you haven't eaten anything for two days. For food,you will need to steal and you didn't want to do it. Even you tried to steal,you would always get caught and get beaten up to death.

You gathered up all the energy you had and dragged yourself to a nearby tree and sat.

The forest is your home and the ground is your bed. You tried to sleep but your stomach is keep you from doing so.

Some times later,you fell asleep without knowing with the sounds of birds chirping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a peaceful morning. The wind is swaying slightly and the birds are chirping happily.

A girl looked up from her window,smile and the scene before and get out of her futon.

She opened the door.

"Kaa-chan! I'll be going now!" her voice filled with excitement.

"Hai Hai,come home before the sun sets,okay?" the girl mouthed an "okay" before sprinting into the forest.

They lived in a small house near the forest. Everyday,she would always explore the forest,sometimes even play with flowers or animals!

While she was exploring and playing sround,she fell asleep with the snow white bunnies swarming around her.

When she woke up, the sun has already set and it's night time. She sighed knowing she's gonna get scolded by her mother when she gets home. So she got up and quickly went home.

She opened the door but she didn't get the smell of delicious meal cooked by her mother. Instead,she smelled something weird. It smelled like metal, accompanied by chewing sounds.

When she fully opened the door,there she saw a ugly monster like creature devoring her beloved mother. Her mother's shocked eyes bore into her,staring at her as if she's the one to blame for her death.

The scent of blood is so strong that it make her want to puke and the guresome scene in front of her didn't help either. She let out a yelp as the ugly monster notice her.

With every bones in her body screaming at her to run, she started running without looking back. Her heart racing as the monster also started chasing her, noticing her presence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She managed to escape the monster by pure luck.She catches her breath as she use one hand to lean on nearby tree to support her weight. Her mind was racing with questions. 'What is that ugly thing? Why is that eyesore eating her mother? Is that the creature called demons that her mother had told her about?'

The situation is too much for a ten year old girl to process. She wanted to cry so she did.

_The next morning_

You woke up by the sun making contract with your face. You wonder about the dream.'Who is she,anyway?'you thought.

Then,you heard your stomach rumbling. "Stupid stomach,stop being a spoiled brat.I don't have food to eat" you say to your stomach while pouting.

If you don't eat soon,you're gonna die but you don't wanna steal and you'll get a beating if you get caught. But your stomach won't shut up so you decided to eat at least one meal before you die.

You walk into the village but you're met with a terrifying scene. The houses are destroyed and there's no sign of people so you assume that they are dead. You're so shocked that you didn't hear the footsteps approching you.

"Are you okay?"a kind voice asked you.

~~~~~~~~~~
*Taisho secret*

Your mother is pregnant when she got devoured

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm finally done! It's my first time writing a story so i am so sorry if my story sucks 😅😅

LOVE YOU!!❤️