Chapter 31, An Unexpected Proposal

_Author Pov_

'' What an amazing speed. Interesting. What's your name, m'lady? ''

The demon stares at you, eyes filled with amusement.

You look at the demon in front of you, ignoring the loud thumping of your heart. You gripped the handle tightly, to cover the fact that your fingers are trembling. ' What a overwhelming aura.....No, Y/n. Calm down and focus on your breathing. ' You shakily breathe out. ' Is this fear? I haven't feel that for a long time. '

'' My my....What a gentleman. '' Your face conveys of a sinister smile. '' What a waste of beauty. ''

Tanjiro, sensing your nervousness wobbly stands up, ignoring the stinging pain in his stomach. You quickly ushered him to sit down, ignoring the upper three's existence completely. The demon tsked. In a bat of an eyes, the demon strikes Tanjiro again. You quickly hugged Tanjiro, in attempt to shield the blow for him. ' No... ' Tanjiro's eyes widened in horror. The demon flinched and and tries to stop his attack. However, the demon's hand split apart taking him off guard.

' Flame breathing, Second Form....Rising Scorching Sun! '' He quickly beat a retreat. He smirks at Rengoku, licking off his blood.

'' I can't understand why you'd go after a wounded person first? '' Rengoku asked, no longer smiling.

'' Well, he's interrupting our conversation. '' The upper three answered, looking at Tanjiro. Your grip on Tanjiro tightened, with Tanjiro also doing the same.

'' What would you and her have to talk about? This is my first time meeting you and I already hate you. ''

'' Is that so? I loathe weak humans too. The sight of a weakling makes my skin crawl. '' The demon answered, still composed. '' Then, It looks like our senses of value are completely different. ''

'' All right then, I have a brilliant proposal for the both you and her. Why don't you become a demon too? '' The upper three asked.

'' I will not. ''

'' Nope! ''

'' I can tell your strength at a glance. You two are Hashiras, aren't you? '' The demon ignored you two as he continues. '' I am the Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyojuro. '' Rengoku introduces himself.

'' I am Akaza. '' The demon introduce himself. '' What about you? M'lady? ''

You snickers, finding amusement on how he mistaken you as a Hashira. '' That's flattering. But unfortunately, I am not a Hashira. I am a Tsuguko of Insect Hashira, L/n Y/n. It was very unpleasant to meet you, Akaza. '' You gave him a polite smile.

'' You have the strength of a Hashira....yet they don't give you the title? '' The demon asked and you frowned. ' What is he on about? ' you thought.

'' How unfair......Doesn't that make you sad? Become a demon, Y/n. If you were to become a demon, you can even become one of the upper rank- ''

You Interrupted him with a smile.
'' Unfortunately for you, I am content with being just the Tsuguko. Now, why don't you kindly shut the f*ck up, your breath stinks that I can smell from here. ''

Akaza opens his mouth to reply but was interrupted by Rengoku. '' This girl will not become a demon, and I will not either. That's final. ''

'' Y/n, Kyojuro..... Let me tell you why you two can't enter the relam of the highest. '' The demon starts. '' Because you two are humans. Because you grew old. Because you are going to die. Become a demon, Kyojuro, Y/n. '' Akaza stretched out his hand. '' Do that and you can go on training for a hundred, for two hundred years. You can become stronger. ''

' Training for hundreds of years sound like a hassle. Who would want to do that expect for him? ' You deadpanned.

'' Of all the demon I've met so far, he has the strongest scent of Muzan! I have to help him fight. '' Tanjiro tried to get up but stopped by you. '' Don't. You will stretch your wound. ''

'' But- '' Tanjiro tried to protest but was shot down by you. '' No buts! ''

'' Both growing old and dying are part of the beauty of being a human. The fact that we grew old and die makes human life precious and noble. 'Strength isn't a word used to describe just the body. This boy isn't weak! Don't insult him. '' Rengoku agrued. ' Rengoku-sama Is so cool! ' You fangirled. '' I will repeat it as many time as it takes. You and I have different sense of value. No matter what the reason, I will not become a demon! ''

'' I see. '' The pattern of a snowflake appears underneath him. '' Technique Development...Destructive Death : Compass Needle! ''

'' If you refuse to become a demon, I will kill you. Kyojuro! ''

With that, the fight started.

Tanjiro stares in amazement at Rengoku's skills. '' Stay where you are! '' Rengoku yelled, startling the three of you. '' If that wound reopens, it'll be fetal. Stand back! It's an order! Y/n! Treat that boy! '' Rengoku ordered, Which makes you, who is planning to help him fight freeze like statute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Muichiro is y/n's self-claimed best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~