Chapter 26, What's On Your Mind?

_Author Pov_

You chocked back a sob as you hug Kanae tighter. Kanae says nothing as she also warps her arms around you, petting your back as a sign of comfort.

After your little break down, Kanae then worriedly asks you if you're okay. You shrug it off and said it was nothing. Kanae seems like she doesn't believes you but also shrug it off which make you sigh in relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' Geez...what's with you suddenly crying? You got us worried, you know! '' Aoi said as she looks at you with her usual stern face.

You laughed sheepishly as you quickly stuffed the rice in your mouth. '' Reallllyyy? I did that?? I don't rememberr.....'' You laugh it off, looking anywhere to avoid her eyes. Aoi just sighed. Shinobu ate in silence, oddly quiet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' Nee-san, your hair is reallyyy soft!! And fluffy! '' You exclaimed with stars in your eyes. '' Really? '' Kanao quietly mumbled with a small blush on her cheeks. '' Yeah! '' You continue to do her hair in her usual side ponytail, but you adorned it with Jasmine flowers instead of her usual butterfly clip. '' Done!! '' Y/n exclaimed proudly, her own hair already adorned with Jasmine flowers by Kanao. '' Well, you did a good job doing our hair! '' Kanae compliment you as she clasped her hands together while looking at the other girl's hair which were adorned with full of jasmine flowers. Y/n proudly grin at her sister.

Kanao looks herself in the mirror, she smiled at the sweet smell emitting from the flowers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''.....997...998...999....1000! '' You swing your sword repeatly as you panted.
'' .....Still not enough...! '' You mumbled as sweat dripped down from your forehead. You prepared to swing again.

The whole day, you did all kinds of training, but most importantly, you do total concentration breathing. You slowly breath in and out while sitting under the waterfall, keeping your breathing steady. Gyomei sat beside you, keeping you company, also giving you some tips to improve.

Then, you blew into the gourds one by one,smaller to bigger by using total concentration breathing. ' ....More...! ' You thought and put the gigantic gourd on your mouth, and blow into it once more. Beside you were numerous broken gourds lying on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were in your usual training attire. Unusual nervous aura surrounding the training ground instead of the usual confident and cherry one. You take a stance in front of the dummies. You slowly breath in and out as you readied your sword. '' Flower breathing....second form....honorable shadow plum...'' Silence overtake the scene.

' I....I can't do it! ' the sword slipped from your grip as you dropped on your knees from exhaustion. Tears start to well up on your eyes. You watched as your salty tears dripped down the soil underneath, staring blankly at the fallen tears as it dripped down deeper. ' I...I can't do it after all! ' Your silent tears continues as the weight of truth crashed upon you. No matter how much you tried, in the end....you can't do it after all. Flower breathing, a breathing that is created by Kocho Kanae herself. If you can't master your own master's breathing, how can you call yourself a student of hers?! Even Kanao mastered two forms within a month. Yet! It's been four months, you haven't master a single form. ' Pull yourself together....and Train harder..... ' You told yourself as you stand up wobbly. ' Let's train from the start again..! '

Just as you were about to start training, a sudden pain in abdomen freeze you. You suddenly coughed and fall on your knees again. You slowly look at the palm of your hand and saw blood resting on it, droplets of blood dripped down the space between your finger. Before you even had the chance to process what's going on, you fainted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You slowly open and close your eyes multiple times to adjust the light shining upon you. You slowly sit up and realize that you were in your room. When you realize how you got here, your mood become gloomy. You felt the weight on your hand and saw Kanao asleep while holding your hand. You smile warmly at the sight, feeling thankful for Kanao.

Suddenly, the shoji door opened and you saw Kanae and Shinobu, worry evident in their eyes, although Shinobu is trying to hide it by being nonchalant. '' Y/n! Are you feeling alright now? '' Kanae exclaims in worry as she held your other hand in hers. '' Mmm! I am bursting with energy that i can almost fly! '' You replied. Shinobu scoffed. '' Don't push yourself too far. '' You just nodded with a grin. You felt movement and saw that Kanao is already awake. '' Good evening! Nee-san! '' You greet her. '' Good evening, are you feeling okay now? '' She asked worriedly which you replied with the same response plus a toothy grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night was silent as you stare at the dark sky above you. Countless stars shining upon you but you still try to count them. But tonight, you can't bring yourself to do it. Your mind is too busy to even remember to do it.

'' What's on your mind? '' A voice interrupt your train of thought. You whipped your head to the side and saw Shinobu. '' Nee-sama! '' You greet her with a beaming smile. Her eyebrows twitched and she sighed. Shunobu took a seat beside you and asked the same question. '' What's on your mind? ''

'' Just training and stuff... '' You answered with a small smile while playing drawing using a nearby stick. '' I see... '' Silence engulf the two of you.

A few minutes later, Shinobu broke the silence. '' How's your training going? '' You tensed up. Shinobu noticed you stopped doodling. '' If you can't do flower breathing.... '' She started and embarrassment fill your form. '' I can! I....I can do it! '' You suddenly shouted, unable to handle the embarrassment. ' I can't! ' You thought as you bit your lip. Shinobu sighed.

'' Don't you know not to cut in when someone's talking? '' Shinobu asked annoyed as you muttered a small apology and held your head down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

None

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update, i was sick.
Anyways, enjoy the chapter! <3