Chapter 27, Cage Of Memories

_Author Pov_

'' Don't you know not to cut in when someone's talking? '' Shinobu asked annoyed as you muttered a small apology and held your head down.

Another silence engluf the night. '' What were you gonna say earlier? Nee-sama? '' You hesitantly asked, breaking the unbearable silence. Shinobu looks at you and then shakes her head. '' Nothing. It's late. You should go to bed. '' She then stand up and left.

You look at her retreating figure in confusion and wonder what she was going to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies fast when you are sleeping. In no time, the morning has come to visit. You woke up early in the morning which is quite unusual for you. Since you can't go back to sleep either, you groggily made the bed, took a bath and ready for the training.

You walked to the training ground as slowly as possible, having no motivation from yesterday events.You hold the wooden sword with no care as you repeatedly hit the mannequin. The mannequin barely has any scratch with no strength coming from you.

'' Giving up already? '' A familiar stern voice suddenly interrupted your training. You quickly whipped your head to the side and saw Shinobu walking up to you.

'' Nee-sama...why can't I do it? '' You asked. Tears started to well up in your eyes, pressured from frustration. Shinobu quietly watched as you sob once more. '' Why can't I do Flower breathing? What am I lacking? Even Kana-nee can, then why can't I? Tell me,Nee-sama. ''

Then, she suddenly attack you, making you startled and quickly blocked her attack with wide eyes.

'' Nee-sama?! ''

Shinobu however ignored you and continued to attack you and said '' Why are you giving up already? Hold your chin up and face the challenge. Throughout your life, you will meet more difficult challenge than this.'' You look at her in confusion But quickly dodged the attack when she strike once more.

'' If you give up now, what are you even fighting for? Ask yourself, what are you doing this for? If you haven't reach your goal, you shouldn't give up. Don't stop unless you've reached your goal. If you decided to achieve it, do whatever it takes to achieve it. '' Again, brutal as always. But for some reason, those sharp words of hers cheered you up. Your eyes sparkled as grinned. You ran up to her and strike at her, feeling motivated once more.

She also grinned blocking your attack with her wooden sword. You backflip multiple times to avoid Shinobu's strikes and then quickly dash at her full speed. Shinobu's eyes promptly widen for a while and then she grinned as she prepare for your attack. The clashing sounds were heard in training ground as usual yet this time it's more intense.

'' Ara~ They are getting along very well. '' Kanae said with her usual smile while clasping her hands together. Kanao just stare at the fight once more looking at the scene unfold with Kanae, unreadable expression on her face.

Just like that, the training continued.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You lean on one of the mannequin as you panted, feeling tired yet refreshed. Beside you was Shinobu, who was also doing the same. '' You are not so bad yourself! '' She exclaims with a grin. You beamed, feeling happy that she praised you.

Then, she suddenly srand up making you glance up at her in confusion. '' Don't worry about the Flower breathing! I will teach you another one. '' She said, making you look at her with mouth agape. '' Don't look at me like that, it's not like Flower breathing is the only breathing style in the wor- '' You quickly jumped at her making her lost balance. Shinobu just patted your back with a sigh while smiling defeatedly at you. You almost tear up from happiness but you choose not to let your Tears run down. You've cried enough today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

' I need to hurry! I wasted so much time already. ' A boy hurriedly went inside after he tears down the gateway to your consciousness.

When he's inside, he look at the scene in front of him with mouth agape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's dinner was full of laughter, back to usual. You giggled as you swiftly steal from Aoi's bowl as she glares at you. You laughed and quickly get up to run as she chase you around. Meanwhile, Shinobu eat the dinner with her brows furrowed, annoyed at you two's antics. Kanae smiled at the scene staying oblivious at Shinobu's annoyance, letting you two have your fun. Kanao just watched the scene unfold like she always did, unfazed by the chaotic scene in front of her.

' Haha, this is so nostalgic!! ' Wait, nostalgic?You suddenly stopped making the others look at you in confusion on why you stopped.

Nostalgic?You were sure that today events never happen before. Suddenly, memories came rushing into you, making your head dizzy.

'' -/n!! '' You finally hear the worried calls of the others. You look at them and they got worried at the horrified look you gave them.

'' Y/n, are you okay? What's wrong? '' Kanae worriedly ask. ' This is a dream! The train, I am on a mission! Is This some kind of blood demon art? ' You scanned your surrounding with your brows furrowed in alarm and only met with worried eyes looking at you. ' I need to get out of here. otherwise, I won't be able to. ' You thought, looking at Kanae then the others.

'' I am sorry. '' You apologized and dash out of the house before they could stop you. You quickly blink the tears away as you hear them calling your name in worry. ' I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry. ' You repeatedly apologize in your head as you run out of the flower estate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Y/n's speciality is stamina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phew! Finished! I hope you enjoy! ♡