Chapter 40, Our Promise

_Author Pov_

'' What happened to Zenko and Hinatsuru? '' The man widened his eyes as Tengen put a  kunai on his neck. You sat on a corner while leaning on the wall with your katana, sword in hand. '' Give me a short answer. '' Tengen commends. '' Don't question me back. '' The man gulped. '' Zenko has disappeared. Hinatsuru got sick and was got sent to low-class brothel. ''

'' Tell me everything you can think of. Who do you think is suspicious? '' Tengen put away the kunai. '' Talk. You can trust me. '' The man breathe heavily. '' Whoever it is, I'm going to kill it. I'm going to avenge your losses. '' The man gritted his teeth in anger. '' An Oiran named Warabihime. She's in a room to the north where the sunlight can't reach. '' The man looks behind him but both of you have already gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both of you went to the said location but the room was found empty. '' It's empty. '' Tengen mumbles. '' She must be on the hunt. '' You comment and Tengen nodded, agreeing with your idea.

'' Let's head to Hinatsuru's place while we look for Demons along the way. '' Tengen commended and you nodded, following him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You give Tengen the antinode as he feed it to Hinatsuru.

'' Tengen-sama..... ''

Hinatsuru called out weakly. '' It's okay. Don't talk. '' Tengen reassures her. Tengen and you listen quietly as she explain the while situation. The silence is so tense that you would cut it with a knife. '' Once the antinode take effect, get out off Youshikawa. Do you understand? ''

'' Yes. ''

You both continue on scearching the demon. Tengen use his ability to hear the demon and immediately went towards the sound. You could also feel the presence of the demon. '' I think it's in underground. '' You comment and Tengen went down and put his head near the ground to hear the demon. He then stood up and prepare his swords.

'' Sound Breathing, First Form..Roar! ''

You and Tengen both made it inside the tunnel. Tengen dashed forward and sliced all the sashes on his way.

'' Onee-sannnnn!! '' You yelled as you tackle both Makio and Suma into a hug. '' You're alright! '' Suma became teary as she hugged you back while Makio just patted your back.

'' Y/nnnn! ''

'' I'm sorry for being late. '' Tengen speaks. '' Tengen-sama... '' Both Makio and Suma muttered. '' I'm relieved you both are safe. '' Tengen came and patted all of your head which you also got one one as a bonus. '' Looks like you did some flamboyant work here. As expected of my wives. '' Tengen praised and Suma started to cry in relief and Makio started tearing up, making Tengen smile softly.

He then twirls his swords around. '' From now on, things are going to get really flamboyant! ''

'' Hey you! '' Tengen look at Inosuke. '' That worm belt just scattered through the hole escaped! '' Inosuke yelled angrily.

'' Shut up! I savede everyone who was trapped inside so what's the problem?! '' Tengen yelled making Inosuke flinch in shock. '' First worship and praise me! We'll discuss other things later! ''

'' Tengen-sama please don't worry about us! Please go! ''

Tengen then lifted all three of you high up in the air and set you all down on the roof. '' Follow me! ''

'' Move it now! Out of my way! Tengen-sama is coming through! ''

You all follow after Tengen. Both you and Tengen disappeared in no time while Inosuke and Zenitsu were struggling to catch up.

You jumped on one roof and another flipping and twirling your body to gain more speed. ' She's rushing. ' Tengen thought. ' Is it because of that boy? '

' Tanjiro-kun, please be okay... ''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' Tanjiro-kun, are you leaving the District? '' You asked while staring at nothing. He looks at you. '' Of course not. I want to save Zenitsu and everyone. '' Tanjiro declares with determination.

You smiled at him. '' I figured you would say that. '' You hugged your knee and look up at the clear blue sky. '' To be honest, I don't care if I die or not. '' Tanjiro frowns but decided to kept quiet. '' But for some reason, I care about you. I don't why. I just care. '' You keep talking as Tanjiro stares at you. '' So please don't die. '' You held out your pink finger with a sad face. Only when Tanjiro realizes that you're extremely desperate. He slowly held out his pinky finger and laced it with yours.

'' I promise. ''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' A bizarre Blood Demon Art that only burns demons? '' Daki continue talking as she prepare to attack only to get her sashes cut off by Tengen.

'' Is this her Final Form? '' Tanjiro hears a familiar voice only to see you crouched down beside him. '' Y/n!! I'm glad you're alright! '' Tanjiro exclaims. '' I should be saying that to you. '' You pouted.

'' Isn't this Kamado Nezuko? '' Tengen crouched down and look at the siblings. '' I see she's becoming a flashy demon. '' Tengen comments as Nezuko thrashes around more.

'' Uzui-san... ''

'' After all that grandstanding in front of Oyakata-sama, What's this sorry state? No one ever told her to become a flashy demon. '' He scrowls. '' Nezuko-chan is just angry, she'll calm down after a while. That's how I'm when I get angry. ''

' They're not taking the situation seriously at all! '

'' You're a Hashira, right? You came to me? You just made it easy for me. '' Daki came to view. ' She look like a skeleton. Is Upper Six that weak? ' You thought as you observe her.

'' I'm not talking to you. Get lost. You're no Upper Moon. You're too weak. You're not the one I've been searching for. '' As soon as Tengen said that her head fell off to the floor.

'' B-beheaded! '' Tanjiro look at the scene in surprise. '' Oi, the battle is not over yet. Get your sister control. '' Nezuko started to thrashes around again. '' Nezuko! ''  '' Just be unflashy and sing her a lullaby or something. '' Your eyes followed the siblings As they both fell off the building. You looks at Tengen and then Tanjiro and Nezuko.

' Uhh, who should I help? '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

From that day, Tanjiro started to give Y/n various types of flowers daily without failing to give a single day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~