22

~Ryder's POV ~

Its been two months since Hunter attacked and Mackenzie still hasn't woken up, the whole pack has been sad. They miss having their Luna around and I miss my mate. Riley hasn't been good either, we ended up fighting about who got to visit her. Riley's birthday is coming up and we are all hoping that Mack wakes up.

Riley was in her room with Alice, because Alice needed to tell something to us but wanted to tell us separately. After about ten minutes Riley came out with a huge smile on her face. She walked right pass me though, not telling me what was going on. Alice called me in.

I walked into the room and saw my mate peacefully still in a coma.

"What's the news?" I asked.

"Mack is waking up soon! We don't know when but she's waking up." Alice said cheerily.

"Really! That's awesome!" I said grabbing Macks hand and kissing her forehead. Her eyes opened and I gasped.

"Your awake." I said and gave her a kiss, she pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I asked stepping back.

"Who-who are you people?" she said looking at me like a lost soul.

"I'm your mate. Ryder. I-i." I stuttered and a tear slipped down my cheek.

"Baby I'm kidding!" She said pulling me into a deep kiss.

"Mackenzie you scared the fucking shit out of me!" I yelled and she giggled.

"I'm sorry but I just had to. I didn't think you'd cry. I can't wait to tell people you actually cried." She said and I growled.

"No you can't it shows weakness. Please babe." I begged and she gave in.

~ Mackenzie's POV ~

"I won't tell anyone babe. I promise, no promises I won't tease you when no one else is here." I said and giggled but Ryder just groaned.

"Can you get up?" Ryder asked.

"I don't know ill try." I said and lifted my leg up but failed miserably.

I actually looked myself over to see the IV in my arm and the bandages over my chest thigh arm and ankle. My leg hurt the worst, because I had a bite and a gash on the same leg which burned.

I winced at the slightest movement. Ryder would always ask if I was okay, he was so jumpy around me making sure I was okay.

"Can you get Alice?" I asked him and he walked out of the room.

Alice came back alone.

"Can I have like crutches or a wheelchair? I'm not having too fun being in bed all day." I said and Alice chuckled.

"We have a wheelchair for you. But be careful on that leg. You can't have any pressure on it or you'll be back in here. that gash was about two inches deep, and that bite mark might get infected if we don't take care of it." Alice explains and I told her that I would be careful.

She walked out then walked back in with Ryder pushing a wheelchair.

"You chariot awaits ma lady." Ryder said pushing it closer to my bed.

"Thanks your highness." I said sarcastically. I managed to sit up but screamed when I tried to move my leg.

"Let me help you." Ryder said putting his hands out which I jus my slapped away.

"No I'm doing this by myself." I snapped and he sighed. It hurt like hell and felt like satan possessed my leg but i finally got in the wheelchair.

"Your so stubborn you know that." Ryder said.

"But you love me." I said and he leaned down and kissed me.

Alice cleared her throat and I looked at her. She giggled slightly.

"You can't shift either Luna. It could permanent damage your wolf. I also recommend to not use your gift. since your still weak it could be defaulty and end up hurting someone." Alice explained. I nodded and Ryder pushed me out the door and towards the kitchen where I was met with claps, tears of joy, gasps, hugs, we missed yous, glad you got better, and all that sappy crap.

I was pure joy trying to walk up the stairs to get to the room, thanks to my handy dandy wheelchair! Note the sarcasm.

When we finally got upstairs I let out a sigh of relief knowing that I don't have to deal with people. I know that sounds so bad, but you trying being in a coma for two months, then realize you have to use a wheelchair to get around for a while and people are smothering you.

"Thanks for getting me out of... whatever you call that." I told Ryder.

"Want to lay down?" He asked coming to my side.

"Sure. Help me up please." I said and Ryder cautiously lifted me up and placed me on the bed gently.

"Thanks babe." I said giving him a peck on the lips. He smirked and kissed me again. When I tired to roll I top of him my leg burned. I grunted and Ryder broke away looking at me worriedly.

"I'm fine, my leg just hurts." I exclaimed.

"Then you should stop using it." Ryder said and I slapped his chest.

"Here I have a solution," he said and went on the other side the bed, "now you can go on your other leg." He said and I kissed him. It hurt to be on my other leg but by as much as the other. Plus I didn't want to make Ryder feel bad, he's been through enough.

"Did anything happen while I was out?" I asked looking into his grey eyes.

"Nothing. I haven't seen Hunter and neither has anyone else. I talked to the school and they said that you don't have to make up any work." Ryder explained.

"That's good. I still can't believe he did that. He seemed like such a good guy when we met." I sighed and Ryder kissed my forehead.

"I know I'm still getting over the fact that he's my cousin." Ryder said.

"Babe?" I asked.

"Yeah." Ryder answered.

"When Hunter said that this was supposed to be his pack, was that true?" I asked and Ryder stiffened.

"Yes. It was true. But his father, my uncle, lost the title when he tried taking over packs and killing innocent people. So the title went to my dad, my uncle wasn't too happy and neither was Hunter. When Hunters dad died he went on a rampage to make a pack of his own. That was about the time that I got the Alpha title. So yes Hunter was supposed to be alpha, but his dad ruined it for him." Ryder explained and I was in utter shock.

"Wow. I can't believe that happened." I said.

"Yeah. I never knew Hunter had it in him, we would always play together as kids and he was the nicest. I guess he really wanted that title as Alpha, for the biggest pack in north america." Ryder said and took his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers.

"Don't worry babe. I'll make sure nothing bad happens to you." Ryder said.

I slapped his chest.

"Look At me." I said an he chuckled.

"Okay. Starting now." He said and we laughed. I ended up falling asleep next to him and he drifted off a while later. We just laid there together, and everything was good, besides the fact my leg was kinda burning.

Yo yo yo! New update! I'm sorry if this chapter was short but I kinda needed to end it because I couldn't think of anything else to do. Sorry for not updating in a while, but I love you guys! Keep being awesome little pink turtles! I'm so weird 😝 keep reading and give me ideas! :D

-Erin <3