37

"Damn this baby is as strong as her father." I said when I felt a strong kick in my belly. My stomach has grown in the past few weeks and according to the pack doctor the baby could be coming in the course of a few days to a month.

"What are the baby names you've thought of?" Ryder asked sitting next to me on the couch in the living room.

"Well I was thinking Hailey or Paige but I'm leading towards Hailey." I explained.

"I was thinking Avery, but now that I think about it Hailey sounds better." Ryder said.

"Avery could be her middle name." I suggested wrapping my arms around his neck.

"That sounds great." Ryder gave me a quick kiss and smiled. Then Hailey kicked again. I put a hand to my stomach slightly groaning.

"Woah, you okay babe?" I nodded my head, but then I felt pain without it being from a kick. It got greater and greater and greater.

"Ryder! I think my water just broke!" I yelled. I grabbed his ha  and squeezed hard.

"Just breath. Breath." I heard Ryder say. "Call the pack doctor and get her over here quick!" Ryder mindlessly called out. I faintly heard a got it. Ryder picked me up and carried me all the way to the doctors room. He laid me down in one of the beds just as the pack Doctor came in. She spouted out some orders, grabbed a few nurses, and told Ryder to put on a smock.

"Okay Mackenzie, you need to breath." She ordered. I did as she said and another shot of pain, I yelled out again. She ordered out some more commands.

"Alright, one big push." I did what was said my breathing quickening.

"Your doing good, go ahead and push." I reached out for Ryder's hand and he instantly grabbed it. I squeezed so hard I thought I'd break his hand. I yelled out again, damn giving birth is a lot of work.

"One more big one!" She said calmly. As I did I began to hear a baby crying.

Lucy (Doctor) did the prep work and wrapped my little baby girl in a pink blanket and handed her over to me. I looked at her still crying face and had the biggest smile in the world. Ryder had his arm around my shoulder smiling down as well.

"What are you going to name her?" Lucy asked.  I looked down at my baby girl, she wasn't crying anymore, she was actually smiling.

"Hailey, her name is Hailey." I said giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Can I hold her?" Ryder asked. I nodded my head carefully handing her over to him. I saw a tear go down his face.

"Hello," Ryder said softly. He rubbed his thumb over her little forehead.

"Yay a baby!" Riley squealed as she walked in with Violet and Piper.

Ryder handed her over to Riley who was so jumpy. I smiled seeing how my baby girl will grow up with such an amazing family to take care of her. Piper tried to get a hold of Hailey but Riley was not giving that baby up.

"Can I have my baby back?" I asked holding out my arms.

"Yeah, she looks just like you Mackenzie." Riley handed me Hailey.