31

"What do you mean! I already have a mate. Your not even a werewolf."

"Were you not paying attention when the council said something about the original family of vampires." He paused to let it sink in.

"And the original vampires can have mates.." I finished.

"Yes exactly. You don't have to worry, Hunter won't be able to hurt you, I won't let him." Cole explained as if he was a committed boyfriend.

"How can you be sure that he won't hurt me."

"I have control over him now. As long as I say not to hurt you, he can't."

"What gave you that power." I snapped.

"Maybe it was because I turned him. Now I'm more powerful that ever. He's scared of me, he's knows that it's best to not get in my way of getting my mate back."

"If you knew I was your mate why wait till after I got together with Ryder? Why not just do it when we met."

"Just like werewolves I had to wait a certain age and a few weeks ago was my 518th birthday. Even though I should've found you sooner, but I found out who my soulmate was, and-"

"It was me." I finished

"Ding ding ding."

"But why didn't you tell me that you were a vampire. How could you keep that a secret?" I asked.

"I did, but you got so scared and terrified of me that I compelled you to forget what I told you."

"How do I know your not lying?"

"Mackenzie!" Ryder yelled faintly. I could tell he was pissed but also not very far away. I looked back to talk to Cole again but he was gone.

"Mackenzie!" Ryder yelled again. He saw me standing there and sprinted up to me.

"What the hell do you think your doing?!" He yelled.

"I think that I don't need to be yelled at right now! Leave me alone!" I screamed.

"Mackenzie I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Save it Ryder. You can't apologize for telling me what I heard and saw with my own damn eyes."

"I'm sorry Mackenzie. If you don't want to forgive that's your choice. Come talk to me when you think Hunter is done tormenting you." Ryder growled fiercely before he stormed off. 

When he was out of sight that's when I started to cry, and I couldn't stop. Did he just reject me? Did I make a mistake? A million questions were running through my mind at that moment.

I felt arms being wrapped around my waist. I turned around to see that it was Cole. Right now I didn't even care. I turned around to be face to face with him. He leaned into kiss me and o didn't stop him. His lips connected with mine and I didn't pull away, I didn't stop it, I just kissed him back. It got a little heated and Cole pulled away.

"Come with me."

"To where?" I asked.

"To where all the original vampires and their mates live." Cole said.

"Ok."

"So no one can follow us." He got out a vile and handed it to me to drink. "What is it?" I asked.

"It makes your scent invisible. No one can track it." Cole explained. I took a sip and he smiled.

"Hop on." He said turning around so I could get on his back. I got on and he got into a run, soon he was going extremely fast, it must be some sort of vampire thing. In a matter of a couple minutes we came up to what seemed like a castle.