32

"What's the plan Ryder?" Zander asked. "Yeah I mean it's not like you can follow her scent." Jace told.

"Yeah I know, but maybe I can track Cole's." I suggested.

"Yeah good luck with that. If Cole really is a vampire then he's dead. Which mean he doesn't have a scent to follow." Luke informed. Damn I didn't think about that.

"Yeah but vampires do have a distinctive scent, it's not specific, but it's something." Violet exclaimed. Wow this girl really does her research.

"Do you know what that scent is." Violet looked at me like she was about to murder me. "Do I look stupid today, of course I know the scent or else I wouldn't have brought it up dumbass."

"Well then let's get going."

---

"I totally screwed up with your family. They hate me."

"No they don't, they just love blood but hate werewolves." Cole said.

"So they do hate me." I plopped down in bed. "They just hate what you are." He crawled on top of me giving me a kiss.

"You always know how to make me feel better." I kissed him back pulling him closer to me.

"I love you." Cole said. Suddenly I felt woozy and light headed.

Mackenzie he's lying to you, your under a potion. Don't listen to him. Come back to me Mack. I heard Ryder saying.

"Whoa Mack are you okay?" I heard Cole saying but Ryder's voice just kept replaying in my mind. I ended up rolling off the bed slamming against the floor.

"Mackenzie what's wrong with you?" Cole asked while he grabbed me by the shoulders.

"Get off of me you monster!" I yelled. I punched him in the jaw and ran out the door. Running down a long hallway of doors I found a staircase and went down them.

"Slow your roll there babe." Ash snorted. "Get away from me." I kept going down the stairs but Ash grabbed my arm.

"Ow let go of me." I winced. I noticed his fangs poking out. "I said let go." I growled. Here goes nothing. I thought.

My body began heating up and my bones were cracking, clothes were ripping, as I shifted. Ash's grip loosened and I jumped down the stairs. I busted down the door and ran into the woods.

I kept running until I could barely breathe and my legs were killing me. I couldn't stop. I needed to get back to Ryder, only one problem. Where the hell am I?

Put down your walls. Then we can talk with Ryder.

Naomi is that you? Why didn't you warn me about Cole?

I'm sorry Mackenzie but when you drank that potion it made you shut me out. But hurry up and take down the walls. Ryder can help us.

Okay, thanks Naomi.

I thought hard and I ended up connecting with him.

Oh god Mackenzie, thank god. Where are you? Are you hurt? What did he do to you?

Ryder I'm fine, please come help me, I don't know where I am, I haven't been gone for a while he might find me. Please just come find me.

Calm down baby it's gonna be fine I'm gonna find you, just sit tight, I love you.

I love you too. Please hurry.

---

"Mackenzie's okay, I guess the potion wore off, but we need to find her now. Before Cole does." I ordered.