Chapter 15: Lucifer

Work starts off at it's usual pace. The manager strolls in at 10 and I say 'hello' as he walks past. I got a few glimpses of the guy I saw earlier but he wasn't close enough to speak to. I carry on stacking shelves and acting normal, but by eleven I've got nothing to do.

There aren't any customers about. The manager is in a meeting. And my phone hasn't got credit. I've got no choice but to talk to that boy. But where is he? I go over to Julie on the till. "Hey," I lean across the conveyor belt. "That dark haired dude, is he new?" She stares at me crazily for a second as if she doesn't know what I mean, then a look of recognition swipes across her face and she smiles.

"Ah, yeah, Lucifer works here sometimes. It's a bit of spare money for your pocket I guess." She informs. I nod. So that's his name, Lucifer. "Any idea how old he is?" I ask. I'm itching with curiosity. "Not a clue." She answers. She takes out a magazine and disappears behing it. "Ok." I walk over to the ski-ing section, then I spot him. At the other side of the aisle, inspecting certain things.

I bend down and pick things up, and turn them this way and that way. Just trying to look busy, guys. I look back up and he's gone. All I could think of now was Oh. I carry on playing with the skiing stuff. "Excuse me." "Argh!" I turn around and see Lucifer. The skis clatter to the floor and I go with them, landing with my legs in the air.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Here let me help. He tries to grab me and the ski-s. "I'm fine, keep it clean please, no touchy feely." I mutter and stand up, brushing myself down. He steps back. "Sorry I scared you. Didn't realise I could be so scary." He replies. I talk in his face. Pale, marble skin, long ink jet black hair resting at his shoulders. Eyes almost black. (ha! A bit like mine) Minus the fact that I'm thirsty.

Forget that though, he is so lovely. "It's fine. Just don't creep up on me. And keep your distance, I'm thirsty." I start walking down the aisle. "Do you need water?" He asks, coming after me. "Wait, what's your name? I'm Lucifer by the way." I turn around. Did I just tell him I was thirsty? God damn it.