Chapter 54: Almost Did It

Reeve and I returned to the throne room where Aro had heard everything about Caius' outburst at us. Reeve ran to him. "Oh, my darling, take no notice of Caius." He soothes her, wrapping his arms around her, rocking her from side to side. She cries into him, repeating some of the things Caius had said to us. Aro holds out an arm to me. "Jared?" He offers. I hold up a hand. "I'm fine, but thanks." I say awkwardly. "So, you're Nevina's brother?" I ask. He looks up. Reeve releases him and sits at the table with books. "Yes." He answers. "What about Aimie?"

He smiles. "Nevina is my half sibling. We had different mothers. Aimie shares her mother." He explains. "Right, ok." I smile. Caius starts hissing to himself. "Digusting. Bad mannered. Lesbian." He growls. I slump slightly. Aro tuts at him.

"Ignore him, child." I turn around to see Francesco. "Franc! Hey, buddy!" I run to him. He pulls me into his arms. "My wife wants you to come to dinner tonight. At my house. As a welcome. She works here too." He offers. "Yeah, of course. But she's French, right?" I ask, curiously. "Yes, why are you so worried?" He peers into my eyes. "Well, I thought French people ate frogs legs and snails...." I cringe.

"No, she doesn't. And besides, you're a vampire, you don't even eat, senora." He laughs at my stupidity. "Ah. Well. I thought I'd have to eat to make her happy." I protest. "No, she knows what you are. She'll prepare you some food if that's what you want." He offers. "What? No, that's fine." I smile back. He starts to walk away. "I'll see you this evening, senora."

"What shall I wear?" I call after him. He turns back, holds out his arms. "Whatever you want. My wife says all vampires are beautiful, so I'm sure you'll be fine." He blows me a kiss and leaves.
Reeve comes over. "Is he your boyfriend?" She fake challenges. "Well," I smile, putting my hands on my hips. "Aren't you protective?" I push her gently.

"Maybe I just want people to know that you're mine!" She giggles. Aro smiles at her cuteness. Caius tuts.
And Marcus......

He just looks bored.
No change there.

"Come on, come to my room." She says, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the doors. "No, wait! I haven't got any decent clothes for tonight. What am I going to do?" I stammer. She's still pulling, not getting very far though.
"God!" She huffs. "You're so strong!" She pulls again. I remain rooted to the floor.

"Fine!" She rushes off, teasingly. "Oh, Reeve, you're so fast, how can I ever catch you?" I joke, rolling my eyes. I jog after her. She's so slow, man. I catch her and pull her over my shouder, firemans carry.
"Ah! God put me down! Oh, you're such a nob!" She shouts out. I use speed to take us to my room.

"Ok, there we go!" I throw her on the bed. She giggles and complains. "Ok, I'll go and see Santiago. I'll see if he has shirts or trousers for you to borrow." She jumps up and kisses me, then leaves. Five minutes later, she's back with black trousers and a shirt. "Here,"

"Thank you," I stand up to head to the bathroom to change. "Where you going?" She asks. "To change. I have dinner to attend." I do my best posh voice. "It's four o clock. I've got to try them on." I smile. I open the bathroom door. "I know that. Why are you so afraid?" She asks. I turn to her. "What?"

"Why are you so embarrased? I'm your girlfriend. Come here." She whispers. I gulp. I slowly walk over, where's she's sitting on the edge of the bed. I stand between her open legs. She takes the clothes from me and lays then beside her. "Lift your arms." She murmurs. I obey quickly. She slowly pulls off my t-shirt. "Your skin." She breathes. "It's so perfect."

I smirk childishly. I untie my laces and remove my shoes. She undoes the buttons on my jeans. I gasp. She looks up, worried. "I'm ok." I smile bravely. "Good." She pulls down my jeans. I step out of them. I step backwards. This is the most she's ever seen of me. "Wow." She whistles. I smile again. I evaluate my situation. I'm currently getting ready for dinner with The Volturi's servants, while standing in front of my girlfriend wearing only my bra and boxers. Yeah, bit of a change for me.

She comes towards me. She kisses me and wraps her arms around my waist, pulling me closer. She starts to unstrap my bra. "What? Ah....stop." I murmur. "It needs washing." She whispers. Then I remember. "Wait, stop!" She looks up. "What's wrong?" She asks. "I can't! We can't. We're only fourteen!" I quickly pick up my outfit for tonight and run inside the bathroom.
I shut the door.