Chapter 2: Haircut

"Right, we're here!" Alice exclaimed after around forty five minutes. I peered out the window to see their huge light brown mansion with Carlisle standing arms folded on the front steps. He came forward when we came into view and opened the car door.
"Hello Jared, how are you?" He asked, shaking my hand and putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Ugh, my head, she's goes too fast!" Was all I managed to say.
"You poor thing. I know she does." Esme emerged from a gap in the trees laughing and gave me a hug.
"Are you okay sweetie?" She asked, pulling hair out of my eyes after it blowing in my face from the wind.
"Been better after that journey, but I'm alright now." I answered.

"Well look at you little niece!" Emmett grinned, coming down the steps and held up his hand high-five style. I slapped my hand against his and laughed.
"Little niece?" I yelled, and aggressively shoved my weight against his stone chest. He chuckled and gripped me in a headlock, painfully ruffling my hair.
"Emmett leave her go."
I turned around and saw Edward coming my way.
He picked me up and swung me upside down left and right.
"How you doing?" He asked, smoothing my clothes when he put me down.
"I'm good." I smiled, looking round.
"Rosalie? Bella? You're still dating Bella Swan right?" I asked.

"Yeah we're still together." Bella answered and smiled. "Hi."
I give her a nod and run towards Rosalie as I see her coming through the door. "Hey Flower Girl." I blush, looking at her face. I'd forgotten how gorgeous her and Alice were. It hurt really bad. "Hey Jared!" She smiled gracefully.
"Ah, Jasper, there you are." Carlisle addressed.

"Jasper?" I asked, spinning around.
There he was standing on the steps giving me his usual glare consisting of coldness, confusion and pure hatred. The look that was directly for me and me only.
"Hi Dad." I muttered as brightly as possible.
"Good Afternoon." He looked at Carlisle quickly for help.

Carlisle saw his look and put his arm around my shoulders. "Why don't we go inside?"
"Yeah, can I have something to eat please?" I asked innocently trying to ignore Jasper.
"Of course."

*Half an Hour later*

Jasper kept up his cold stare for the whole of dinner. It felt quite odd that we were all sat at the table and I was the only one eating. I went towards Emmett afterwards who was watching American Football on TV. "Hey Chunk." I smirked and squeezed his huge arms. "Hey Curly." He replied, ruffling my hair. It's our little ritual, to show we're friends. "What teams are playing?" I asked, not really caring.
"Chicago Bears and Red Sox." He answered. "Oh hey Jaz." Emmett stated as Jasper walked in.

"Hello." He stares at me weirdly for a reason I don't know.
"Hi." I mutter. He nods in response.
"Dad," I start. Jasper sits there and then looks at me as if he forgot he even was my Dad. "Yes?" He asks when he recovers.

"Can you cut my hair?" I ask.
"Cut....your hair?" He asks,
I nod shivering. He surprisingly smiles and stands up.
"Sure." He picks up a stool presumably from the kitchen and pats it. Basically meaning: Sit here.
"What would you like me to do?" He asks, playing with my hair.
"Just trim it little." I reply.
I feel him nod as he brings out a scissors, a comb, hairspray, water, gel and somehow....a ruler....

He starts combing my hair this way and twisting it that way and wetting it. What I didn't realise was that after a while he'd become so close that the back of my head was touching his chest. I sat back relaxing. I was getting quite comfortable with it. Then he abruptly put both his hands on my head and pushed it forward so we were no longer touching.

He clearly wasn't comfortable with it.

"Nearly done." He muttered.
I nodded in response, thinking about putting my head back again.
"Finished." He announced about ten minutes later.
He held up a mirror so I could see my reflection. "Thanks. It looks great." I commented. He realised how friendly he was being , frowned at me, scrabbled up the hair accessories and practically ran out of the room....