Chapter 48: Carlisle's Home

At half past three, a few hours after the meeting, Carlisle walks in. Clutching his briefcase, he walks to Esme and kisses her before placing it on the floor. "Afternoon, darling." He whispers to her. Esme smiles, but is still tense on knowing what she has to tell him.
Carlisle doesn't miss many details, he knows something's wrong as soon as I walk in. "Esme, Jared, what's happened?" He walks to me, his arm goes round my shoulders. I remain silent, but plead with Esme with my eyes. "Carlisle, sit down, I'll explain." She sighs.

Carlisle pulls me onto his lap but doesn't take his eyes off Esme. She explains everything, slowly, quietly. Carlisle doesn't even twitch. His expression remains the same throughout. When Esme waits for his reponse, Carlisle looks at me. "Ok," He says. "That's really good."

Wait...what?!

Even Esme looks up sharply. "Goo...good..?" I stammer. "Yes." He nods, sounding surprised. "Why would it be a bad decision?" He asks me and Esme. "Well what about the Volturi?" She mentions. "Humans aren't supposed to know our secret." She stands up and walks over. Rosalie walks in. "So you've heard then, have you?" She says to Carlisle, hands on hips. I close my eyes, ready for another insult from her. Carlisle's arms circle my waist from behind, protectively. "There's nothing to worry about Rosalie, we'll sort this." His words soothe me, but Rosalie remains unfazed.

"Look how it turned out with Bella. The Volturi and a newborn army were out to kill us. And this is worse! Jared's told two people about us! Double the catastophe!" She shouts. Esme hushes her while Carlisle, sees my distress and pulls me in closer to him. I tilt back my head so it touches his shoulder. He whispers in my ear. "Ignore her, sweetheart. She's always been hard on you, it doesn't matter about what she thinks."

I nod. "I'm fine with them knowing. Well, it's obvious Lucifer told Reeve, but that's okay." He continues, then sighs. "Jared Whitlock, you've brought so much drama into this household. It makes my life so much more eventful." He smiles at me. "Hmm, originally, I was only supposed to be here five days." I smile back.

"Yeah, ok, well, everything's fine. Go and see Reeve. Make sure she's ok with it." Carlisle instructs.

"Yes sir." I jump from my seat, kiss Carlisle and Esme and run to Reeve's house. Nevina answers the door, with a huge smile. I've been spending a lot of time with the family, they love me as much as Lucifer.

"Hey, Jared. Come in, Reeve has been going mad not seeing you." She smirks as we head into the living room. I roll my eyes and take seat. "Mrs.M, it's only been two days." I smile as she hands me a glass of water. She smiles back. "That girl is crazy for you. What have you done to my daughter?" I laugh softly, taking a quick sip. "Reeve! Your Jared's here!" She calls up the stairs.

Barely seconds later, there's a loud thump as she rolls off her bed, presumbably. Then a tornado of loud stomps as she sprints down the stairs and into my arms. "Jared! Baby, I missed you!" She squeals, covering me in kisses and black lipstick. "Oh, God, Jesus, do one!" I shove her playfully, wiping my face. She kisses my mouth. I lay my head in her lap, she runs her fingers through my hair. Five minutes into watching TV, she flips the button and it turns off. "What?!" I sit up. "We should dye it purple." She announces. "Huh?!" I ask. "Your hair, you should have a coloured streak, like mine." She jumps up and runs upstairs. I follow her to her room. (don't get any dirty ideas!)

I walk in. She's ransacking some plastic boxes full of hair products. She's muttering to herself. "No..not that one...God where is it?!" I watch her while sitting on her bed. Five minutes later, she strikes gold. "Aha!" She cries out, scaring me out of my wits. I jump unexpectly and hit my head on the bunk bed. "Uh! God!" I fake hurt and she rushes to me. "Oh, baby girl, what have you done?" She cradles my head, forgetting the hair dye.

"Damn, I'm ok. Look, I need to talk to you." She looks up at me. "What?" She asks. "I..I...am....a...vampire..." I trail off. She smiles, unfazed. "Yeah, I know." I smile in relief. "My uncle has seen your family before."

My blood ran cold.

"What? Who...you have an uncle?" I stammer. "Yeah, mom's brother. Here, I have a picture." She hunts around for it for a few minutes, then passes it to me. "Here he is."

My head spins. Shit, my family are going to kill me. I think back to Lucifer and his dark features. So similar. God. His nephew.

"Jared, are you ok?"

I don't think. I stand up and run. Nevina's calls of worry are just blurs next to my panic. I sprint home, using superhuman speed. By the time I reach the tops of my house, I'm hyperventilating. "Carlisle....carli....oh...damn. Help me!" He comes rushing in. "Jared," He reaches me. "What's happening?"

"Her uncle...it's him...he..oh." I collapse in his arms and sob. "We're all gonna die!

A/N: So I don't know if I made it clear enough but who do you think Reeve's uncle is? Hopefully it wasn't too hard to figure out. See you all later.
VampireLover_xox