Chapter 4: Playing Chase with Victoria

Well that was unexpected. Does Jasper love me or not? And why's he playing tricks?

*Getting close to me then pushing me away.

*Glaring at me at the most inappropriate of times.

*Telling me he loves me when really he probably doesn't?

Well to hell with him. He's weird anyway. I've got proof. Charlie said the same thing about him.

Okay, back to sleep, back to sleep, back to sleep

"JARED, we're on the move" Alice screamed running in.

"On the move, what the hell?" I scream back, but I'm already up on my feet and running out the door.

"Victoria's in the area," Edward explained as we ran out into the woods.

"We have to get to Bella." Emmett butted in and threw himself after Victoria. Jasper followed suit and jumped across the ledge onto the grass bank. Victoria yanked them off her and Emmett and Jasper were thrown into the air.

"Jasper!" Alice screeched and dived after him. They crash landed on top of Emmett, who shook his head wildly. "Emmett, Jasper, Alice!" Esme yelled. "I didn't know what was up until the wolves appeared. We'd made a deal not to cross on their land. Victoria smirked smugly and disappeared into a gap in the trees. The wolves thankfully let Emmett, Jasper and Alice go and we headed back to our house while Edward went to check up on Bella. "Are you alright?" I shouted across to Jasper while we were running along.

"Yes." Was all he said before running over to Emmett and starting up a brotherly play fight with him.

Alice got back first. She pretty much skipped up to the front door and tiptoed inside as if we were intruding.

"Hey," I said, giving her a hug. "You alright?" She asked, pulling me closer. I nodded. "My first time chasing a carrot headed vamp, but I'm good." I commented and she laughed. The sound filled me with happiness. Jasper walked in, ruining my mood with his usual hateful look. It felt like his eyes were burning a hole in my chest. It killed me to look at him without crying.

"Jaz," Alice tuts, walking up to him and planting a kiss on his cheek. He stared at me through the kiss and didn't even touch Alice while she did it. He frowned at me then, which made Alice's eyes flicker to mine to see me standing in the same position as Jasper, eyes locked with each other, hands by our sides.

I couldn't take my eyes off him, even though I really wanted to, something was holding me back. "What did I ever do to you?" I demand, stepping backwards.

Jasper shook his head, obviously he didn't have an answer. With that, he abruptly left the room.

*After 5 minutes of silence*

"You'll be friends before long, it always happens," Alice reassures in her soft voice. "Yeah 'cause like you're gonna make everything better?" I question, rubbing my forehead, a bit too hard.

"Of course I will." She replies and kisses my forehead. Ah, it's really not too bad having Alice as a stepmother.

"So you're the fairy-like pixie godmother and I'm Cinderella...." I imagine this a bit too wildly and laugh.

Alice finds this funny too and smiles.

"Would you like some music?" Alice asks, skipping to the radio. I nod in response and close my eyes. Oh Jasper, I need you. You're my father (believe it or not) I'm your daughter....

The radio comes on and Alice leaves.

The end of that Pink and Lily Allen song plays, followed with a five minute break and then typically, what comes on?

Michael Buble- Daddy's Little Girl.

"God hates me." I mutter as Carlisle walks in. "Everything alright, Jared?" He asks, pulling me to stand up with him. "Well apart from Emmett almost getting killed by a werewolf, Bella being tracked by Victoria and my father not acting like my father at all....yeah, I'm great!" Carlisle stares at me, lookimg concerned, and gives my arm a sympathetic pat.

"Well, maybe things might get better now, eh?" He asks, pointing outside the window. I turn and see Uncle Peter and Aunt Charlotte, here for the fight with Victoria. 

Ahhh, my life is starting to get just a liitttle bit better.....