Chapter 34: I'm Confused

"Look, I know this is weird." He says quickly. "It looks so out of place. A GUY with boobs."
I exclaim. "How?" I ask him. "A dude doesn't have boobs. What is happening? Am I dreaming. Lucifer PUT YOUR SHIRT ON!" I yell. "Ok." He pulls it on quickly, along with his cloak. "Ssh, its alright. Come here." He holds out his arms. I go to him, and he holds me. Rocking me, he strokes my hair.

"I'm biologically a girl." He whispers "You're.....a..girl?" I ask. "No. Not at all, I'm 100% a boy, on the inside. And in my heart." He says quietly. "So, you're a girl on the outside but a boy on the inside?" I ask. "Yes." He nods. "It's called being transgender." He informs me. "So you're like Caitlyn Jenner?" I ask, leaving his arms and looking him in the eyes. "Yes, the opposite of Caitlyn Jenner." He smiles.

"Have you got a vagi-"
"Yes." He cuts me off. I look down at his trousers. "I should have told you sooner. I'm sorry Jared." He says.
"Its ok, I still see you as a boy."
I reassure him. Relief floods his face. We leave the storage room and head over to the shelves, tidying things up. "What about sexuality? You and Hendrix?" I ask.
"I see myself as a gay male." He says. I nod. "And Hendrix is gay?" I ask. He nods.

"But he's a biological man." He smirks. "Good." I answer. We laugh quietly. "That was weird." I say. He looks at me. "No one's ever held me like that before. It felt....safe." I smile. "Well I'm glad." He says and stacks more shelves.

At 12, he eats dinner, some sandwiches his mom made him. "I thought you lived with Hendrix." I frown. "I do.' He replies, taking a bite of his sandwich. "I stayed over Mom and Dad's last night."

We straighten up as the manager walks by.
"Not hungry Jared?" He asks me. "No sir," I lie. "I'll have something later." He smiles at my answer and walks away.
"I..don't have....much of an appetite." I lie again, to Lucifer. "Its ok, Jared." He says smoothly. "I know you're a vampire."

I look up sharply. "What?" I ask. "You're a vampire. You're pale, you don't eat, your eyes change colour. I'm almost certain I'm right." He says. "Then yeah, but you can't tell anyone. There's a sort of vampire government we have." I start. He stares at me. "Really?" He asks. I nod. I sit in front of him and put my hands on his knees.
"They're called the Volturi. They have vampires there who have different gifts. They'll kill anyone who knows. I can't lose you Lucifer." I'm freaking out. Chill Jared.

"Ok, ok, I won't tell, I promise." We hug. "Come to my house today. You can meet my family. They're very interesting." I smile. "Ok, I'm guessing we won't be having dinner though?" He says, smiling. "Oh, we will, but it'll be red and thick." I smirk. He gags. "Jared that's disgusting." He smacks my arm. "You're going to love my family." I laugh. "I'll phone them now."