Chapter 24:Rose, please!

"Right, first things first, I don't get what you see in girls, Jared." Rose is sat opposite me, one leg crosses over the other. 'Woman's Style'

"Look, Rose, it's personal. Please, this conversation is not what I want to be doing in my free time." I reply.

"Is it the body? The personality? Is it the hair, makeup? I don't get it!" She's given up on paitence already.

"I..just...think, they're pretty and I just like them." I shrug. "It's no big deal."

"So are you into girly girls or masculine girls?" She asks.

"I like girls! It's as simple as that!" I yell.

She looks at the floor.

"Do you know what I don't understand, Jared?" She asks.

"What?" I ask.

"Lesbians are females that are attracted to other females, right?" She questions.

"Yeah, Rose, everyone should know that." I frown.

"Which means they don't like men or feel attracted to them." She continues.

"Yeah, and?" I ask.

"So if they don't like men, why do all lesbians have short hair, dress in mens wear and look like them?" She asks.

"Rose, please! Not all lesbians dress like that." I groan and hold my head.

"So do some lesbians wear dresses?" She asks.

"Yes, some do. I've seen a few lesbians that look really good in dresses." I admit.

She nods slowly. "Ok, so that means some lesbians may not even look like lesbians." She says.

"Rose! That's not fair!" I yell.

"What?" She asks.

"How do you 'look like a lesbian?'" I ask.

"I didn't mean anything bad by it, it's just most of them look like-"

"Rose!" I cut her off.

"Alright, sorry. Are you going to cut your hair short?"

"Maybe."

"Are you going to class yourself as a boy?"

"No. I'm a girl."

"Are you going to have huge parties where everyone makes out with everyone else?"

"OK! ROSE! That is not how it goes! You just stepped over the line!" I say.

"This is the line." I gesture with my arm.

"And you stepped over it." I cross my arms over.

"Ok, calm down, Jared. I'm sorry. You can leave now." She smiles.
Thank God.

I'm by the door when she speaks up.

"Jared?" She asks.

"Yes Rose?" I ask.

"How do lesbians have intercourse?"

"Oh my God. Rose!" I say.

"What?" She asks.

"Google It."