Chapter 17: "God Damn You Jared Whitlock"

****A few hours later**

I'm standing outside the store, work is over. It's typically pouring with rain. Lucifer finished a little earlier than I did, so I was alone for about an hour. I glance at my watch. 15:20. Any minute now, Emmett should be here. As soon as he comes I'm gonna tell him everything about Lucifer. A bit of 'boy talk' with my pet Uncle. Why not?

Suddenly Emmett swerves round the corner, splashing through puddles. Boy racer, I think. He pulls up beside me. "Hey, Curly. Jump in."

I run around to the passenger side and jump in. He drives off. "So how was work?"

"Great. I made a friend." That should trigger loads of questions. "Boy? Girl?" He asks.

"Boy." I reply.

He slams on the brakes and we stop in the middle of the road, rain dashing down the windows. "A boy. You met a boy?" He asks, eyes dancing with excitement. "Yep, Lucifer. He works with me." I smile. "Well, I think now is the time to say.....OMG!!!!" Emmett squeals like a girl. He starts driving again.

"Chill out, Chunk. He's gay." I respond.

"He could be bisexual." He reasons.

I nod. "Possibly."

"Okay, so a boy, possibly bisexual, gets along with you. Jared, this could work." He smiles.

"He has a boyfriend...." I repeat. "Still..." Emmett says.

"Chunk, I don't want to disappoint you or the rest of the family." I start.

"How would you do that?" He asks.

"I think I'm sort of a lesbian."

"HOLY MOTHER FU**ER!"

"Chunk, is it really that bad?"

"God damn you, Jared Whitlock, Rose ain't gonna like that." He points out.

"I said 'might'" I reply.

He nods. "But if you were a lesbian..."

"Emmett, look I-"

"Jared, it's ok, we still love you and-"

"EMMETT!"

He turns. "Yeah?"

"Keep calm."

"If you were, then I guess it's just one of those things." He says.

"But it's ok, right?"

We're outside the house.

"Jared, if you wanna go and snog girls, that is absolutely fine with me."

He answers and jumps out of the car.

God, does he have to make it sound so plain? Even so....

I walk into the house and take off my jacket. Emmett runs into the living room where everyone is sitting. "GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!"

Everyone stares. I rush in to stop him but as usual, I'm too late.

"Jared's a lesbian!"

Kill.Me.Now