Chapter 9: What I Don't Like About You

"JARED!" I open my eyes and see Emmett standing over me, shaking me awake. I look at my surroundings. I'm in my bed, in my room, not in the living room...."NO!" I scream. Emmett gets taken completely by surprise and jumps back. "Jared?" He asks, looking worried. "IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A DREAM! IT COULDN'T HAVE!!!!!!" I scream louder, and then I start to get a bit childish. Kicking the wardrobe and throwing pillows. "Hey come on, Curly, what's up?" Emmett puts his arms around me. "Where's Jasper?" I ask.

"Hang on now, Curly, make up your mind. One minute you're calling him Dad and then it's back to Jasper." He ruffles my hair. "So it wasn't a dream?" I ask. "What? If you're talking about falling asleep on Jaz's lap yesterday afternoon in the other sitting room, then no it wasn't a dream." Emmett smirks. "Alice took a photo of it. She said it looked pretty cute. I thought you just sounded like a pig, snore snore snore." He tickles me and I wriggle away from him and bolt downstairs. "Well well well, here comes Little Miss Lazy." Carlisle announces to the others when I walk in, without taking his eyes off the laptop. 

"Shut up, you!" I laugh and pull a chair over to the table he's sitting at. "What you up to, then?" I peer at the laptop screen and read the headline he's looking at. "Killings and missing people in Seattle?" I read it out loud so that it makes more sense. He nods grimly. "The newborns, changing people, killing them, they're running wild, absolutely crazy." He informs me, but that gets Esme's attention too. He walks up to Carlisle's side and he wraps his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. "When do you think we'll have to go?" She asks him. 

"Well I'd say it all depends on what Alice sees next." He decides. Enough of that conversation, I head over to Rosalie, who is sorting through my clothes. "Where's Peter and Charlotte?" I ask her. "Yes, good morning to you too." She replies, holding up one of my dresses and folds it. "Sorry, good morning." I apologise and give her a hug which seems to make her happy. "They're out hunting." She states. "Brilliant, so what am I wearing for school today?" I ask. "It's too sunny today, Jared. You can't be in the presence of humans. They'll see your skin." She stares at me and then hands me a dress.

"Wear this today." She orders and leaves the room. "Why wear a dress when I'm not going out anywhere?" I shout after her. "Well you might as well. What did you wear in Peter's house....pyjamas?" She shouts from upstairs. "Got it in one, genius." I shoot back. "What are you getting worked up about?" Jasper materialises behind me. "Rose wants me to wear a dress when we're not even going anywhere." I say calmly, even though I'm angry, but I act calm cause I want more than anything for him to go away. 

"Don't worry about, it's no big deal." I continue. Yeah well we may have had cuddles yesterday but that was yesterday and he doesn't look like he's in a cuddly mood right now, so yeah. Time to scoot. He nods. I start to head up to my room. "Hey wait a minute!" He calls up when I'm half way up the stairs. "What now?" I turn and throw the dress upstairs. "Here." He hands me a folded up sheet of lined paper. He's still standing there, staring at the paper, so I open it up. 

Wowza, that is a lot of writing. Bulletpoints are on the left hand side of the page along with a box with says: "Key" and three little dots, one red, one orange, one green. "What's this?" I ask. "What we talked about yesterday." He says. "We have to tell each other what we do and don't like." He smiles. I nod. "Right." He nods again and leaves. I hold the paper in both hands, skimming and scamming through the words. I retrieve the dress off the floor and head into my room. I sit on my bed and read the words properly. There's about fifteen bullet point sentences written on the page. 

Most of them have red dashes next to them. When I peer up at the "Key" in the corner, red dashes stand for: 'What I don't like about you. SORT OUT IMMEDIATELY.' 

Screw it. Jasper can wait. In the meantime.....let's write a few of mine.