Chapter 43: Nerves

We arrive at the town centre and Carlisle and Jasper are casually discussing day to day stuff, while I'm dying inside, scared it won't work out between Reeve and I. By the time we come to the Ice Cream Parlour door, my legs feel like I'm going to collapse as I spot Reeve inside sitting next to Viktor. "So, shall we leave or stay, Jared?" Carlisle's hand rests on my shoulder. I turn my head into his chest.

"Damn, what am I doing, dating people? Maybe we should go home?" I suggest. Jasper makes me face him. "You can't back out, you're a brave girl, you can do this." He kisses my head. "Are you sure?" I ask them. "Positive." Carlisle smiles. "Ok, you can leave, pick me up at around five thirty." I smile and hug them both before going inside.

Viktor spots me before Reeve does and stands up. "Jared! Hello again." He kisses my hand again with the same gentlemanly manner. "Hi, Viktor, hey Reeve." I say. She smiles back. "I'll be leaving now, my darling." Viktor says to Reeve and kisses her. "Bye Dad." She squeezes him tight. Viktor pats my head and leaves.

"So," I say, while sitting beside her. "Would you like something to eat, ma'am?" I ask, while miming as a waitress. She laughs and joins in. "Oh I would, thank you very much." She giggles while we both try posh accents and end up laughing like lunatics.

"Ok, well, what would you like to eat?" I ask her once we've calmed down. "Uhm..." She scrolls down the menu.
"You can have, ice cream, or ice cream, or maybe you'd like to try something different and have....ice cream?" I ask, keeping up with my waitress act. She laughs again. "Hmm, then I'll think I'll have....ice cream." She winks. "Great! You get some and I'll wait here." I reply. She stands up. "You not getting anything?"

Man, I hadn't prepared for this. Of course, I had money, but when was the last time I ate anything? I only usually eat when I have to. I guess today is one of those times. "Uh, I'll get something in a minute. You go up and order."
"Great, see you in a minute." She smiles and skips up to the counter. She's so hyper and childlike with the way she moves. It looks like she's dancing. Kinda reminds me of Alice.

She comes back ten minutes later with an ice cream sundae and a coke. "There, I'm happy now." She smiles, making herself comfortable on her chair. "That's one big ice cream." I comment and she smiles while munching happily. "Yep, I can eat a lot even though I'm so skinny." She remarks. "You getting ice cream now?" She asks. "I think I'm ok for now. I might just get a coke." I stand up and bring out my wallet and as I do, she pulls me to sit down.

"You can share mine." She grabs the can and brings it to my lips. "Here, drink." I close my eyes, not sure of what will happen if I drink it. Blood is the only thing I've drunk in the past fifty years. "Uh, I'm ok." I push it away gently. "Jared," She starts. "I haven't got an illness, we can share." She kisses the tip of my nose. "Mmm," I smile. She kisses my nose again. "You like being kissed?" She asks. I nod sheepishly. "Aww, sweet."

I eventually drink some coke which has no obvious effect on me and I start to relax. We talked longer than we realised about school, friends, family, all the usual chit chat, and just as we were finishing, I saw Jasper talking to Viktor. The fathers...awww.

"Hey, Jasper!" I call over. "Come here!" They both come over. Viktor sits on the arm of my chair, and kisses the top of my head while Reeve sits on his lap and Jasper takes her place on the sofa. A few people give us strange looks. "What's their problem?" Jasper tuts as one woman looks over. "Well, if anything, we probably look like the cutest gay family." Viktor smirks at Jasper. "Fancy a kiss?" He says to Jasper. "Eww, oh my God, Dad!" Reeve squeals in protest. Jasper just laughs.