Chapter 23: Weird Conversations

Jasper moves the strands of hair back to my forehead and grabs my chin. "Look at me, Jared." He says. I peer up at him. "Do you want me to tell the others?" He asks.

I nod and swallow back tears.

"Ok." He walks off to find the others.

Emmett comes to my side. "We love you, Curly." He puts his arm round my shoulders. "I know, don't worry." I answer.

Carlisle and Esme walk in. "There she is!" Carlisle smiles and lifts me into his arms. I hold onto him and turn my head into his neck so they can't see my face.

The tears start coming again. "Hush, Jared. It's alright. I told you nothing would change." Carlisle kisses my cheek. Then puts me down. Esme kisses and hugs me. She sits down and grabs my hand. "So, are there any girls you like at the moment?" She asks. I blush. "There is one girl." I answer. Carlisle sits beside me.

"What's her name?" He asks. "Caitlyn. She lives near us back over Peter and Charlotte's house." I smile.

"Is she pretty?" Esme asks. I nod. "Yeah, she's gorgeous. She always has her hair in different styles and her face is so....lovely." I reply. I look at the floor.

"And there's nothing wrong with that." Carlisle pats my shoulder. I nod. "But she's straight. She has a boyfriend." I answer.

"Well in that case, you can just have a crush on her till the end of time." Esme smiles.

"Yeah, I guess."

Rose walks in. "Jared?" She asks. I turn. "Yeah?"

She comes over and kneels in front of me.

"We need to have a talk."