IV

Sunoo

It is already the first day of school and as usual my day starts amazingly perfect.

"Sunoo! God damn it! Why are you so slow? Youre gonna make my sons late you sht!"

Yup that's how a "good morning" sounds in this household.

"And please don't stick too much to them, you're gonna make them look bad with that trash look of yours"

I just smiled before bowing as she handed me my money for the week. I get it but it was lessened.

"Uhm ..  ."

"What? It's either you take it or nah! Your choice"

I just nodded and left the house as I drive to school. Now how am I supposed to last $100 for a week in this prestigious and expensive school? My stepmother had the guts to cut off my money. I used to have at least $500.

When we got to school, I parked the car as the two left without a word as usual, well not before giving their heavy bags for me to carry. It is heavy as we are yet to empty them in our lockers. I don't know why these two brought all their things in the first day of class.

Because of the weight, I didnt catch them up and they both went ahead to their lockers.

I was already panting when I got to their lockers as they just looked at me with an annoyed look. I just stood there as they empty their bags waiting for my next order.

"Sunoo"

I look back and saw Jungwon coming to me but before he can even come close, Jay was quick to shut his locker and drag Jungwon away from me. Without giving me a word, Sunghoon also left and when I look back, he's dragging Jake hyung with him.

What's going on? Why do I feel like something bad is gonna happen?

When the twins got back, I asked them.

"What was that for?"

They just gave each other a look only they understood before turning to me.

"Starting from now on, we have new rules for you to follow or else you'll never like it. First is, you won't go near Jake nor Jungwon ever, you must stick with us at all times. And you are not allowed to complain. Take it or you'll transfer another school and kicked out the house for good"

Sunghoon's voice has gotten colder that I literally shivered.

They are now taking my friends away from me too?

Is there anything they will leave me at least?

I sometimes think I'm Cinderella or something but my stepbrothers are not ugly, they're handsome as heck so I don't get where they're coming. Why do they do this?

I let my tears fall in secret as I follow them to class and on my way to the seat next to Jay hyung, I passed by my two best friends who didnt even spare me a glance. They looked annoyed and sad at the same time. What really made me cry was the fact that they left a seat for me and when I sat beside Jay hyung, Jungwon took his bag from that seat and a student claimed it. I really want to cry right now.

When the teacher arrives, I can't pay attention in class. I can't even lift a pen to take notes. I was so devastated and it didn't help that Jake and Jungwon are seated near us and I can see them perfectly engaged in class. I wiped my tears as I start to take note of the requirements of this class and oh boy are they plenty. Now tell me how will I fit my 100 dollar allowance while still having the luxury of food.