XXXII

(I'm sorry, I can't find another way to remake the plot without ruining the storyline I made out of the blue haha. I'm so so sorry . . but if you support still the story, I might find some loop hole or take in my last resort of either subtraction or addition. Stay gunned for other updates and this is a rushed chapter I'm sorry. . . enjoy reading. And again im sorry)

Sunoo

Niki's eyes were open as he we just stared into each other's eyes, waiting for the moment that everything will change.

When I felt the spell going away and I am instantly back to my old self, health and form, but then I remember Niki, so I drove to the pack house and indeed he's there, and when I saw him, he is already done signing the contract with the devil for his life.

I felt so helpless at that moment and I know, when Niki said there's no other way, there indeed is no other way.

Niki coughed and blood immediately come out his mouth. He's so weak and so cold, Riki has been unresponsive and I can't reach him and that scares me.

Is this the end?

Please .  . no . . .

"Don't cry . . . promise me . . promise me you'll take care of yourself? . . and our little pup?"

I just cried and I can't even speak. How could this happen? We could've been a happy family, living a simple life, a peaceful life, away from the threat of any harm.

"Niki . . "

"I'm fine. . I hope the time we had was . . . will remain . . in your memory. . but . . if you feel like falling in love again, . . . it's ok . . I'll be fine. . . and . .  don't forget, how much I love you Sunoo"

He reached out his hand towards my stomach and that made me cry harder.

"He's gonna be strong. . . hey there. . I'm sorry , . . you won't meet me. . but . . I'll see you soon little pup. ."

His face grimaced and another set of blood flows from his mouth making me want to end his pain already but wanting to hold him longer.

"I love you Niki. . and meeting you was the best thing that happen to me. . . I won't forget you . . I will never. . I promise to raise him or her well. . I'm sorry . . I love you"

His hand touch my face before a black figure appear and I heard a voice.

"You won't be coming with me Niki, the moon goddess claim your soul. . thanks for doing business"

His hold of my hand loosen and his hand fall from my face. His eyes are now close as he lay limp on my arms. The door opens and I know they knew what's already done.

"Uncle Niki!"

Soojun climbed my lap as he hug me before we move away from Niki's body. So painful to see.

His body slowly start to disappear in dust until he's no longer seen and Riki lied motionless on the bed. For the last time, I held his cold form as I fell into the arms of Yeonjun.

He might've felt so much pain too, he lost his brother, his perfect companion, his security guard.

Soobin knelt at the foot of the bed as he did a bow before he stood up and wipe his tears.

I have to close my eyes at the sight of the warriors placing Riki on what look like a stretcher and bringing him out the room to maybe the place to bury him.

___________

Turns out, Soobin buried Niki beside his father's grave.

That night, the sky is so dark, no moon nor star in sight as heavy rain just poured from the sky. I'm getting soaked as I knelt in front of the carved stone that has his name engraved on it.