XIV

Sunoo

I was terrified at the sight of the wolves stopping my car.

But my nerves calmed down when I saw a familiar wolf enter the scene, Elliot.

After putting on his clothes after returning to his human form, Soobin walk towards my car as he look at me.

"You're outside my territory already, it's dangerous. You have to go back"

Fearing to be a meal to lost wolves, I drove back to the house feeling like a complete idiot on how I treated Niki a while ago.

Sunoo, I thought you're brave? You manage to kick out your stepmother whom you're scared to. What's making you ran away now?

We reached the pack house and a child crying filled our ears as Soobin immediately ran inside.

I sat inside of the car for too long as I think of everything that happened and the information about the mate thing is still processing in my brain.

"Sunoo"

I look outside my car and I saw Kai standing there with a smile on his face.

"You're shocked aren't you?"

Shock is not even in par with what I am feeling right now. Thousands of questions ran around my head.

Am I obligated then to stay? If I don't, he'll die and it will forever haunt me. But if I stay, . . .

"You know being his mate does not mean you're obligated to stay. . . you just don't reject him. . I think that'll be enough. . hey did you know that I have two mates?"

I look at him as he lean on my car.

"How is that even possible?"

He just shrugged and sighed before looking at me.

"I have dreams before. . . my father is the best warrior I know and I want to be like him. . . so I trained to be the best beta out there. . I don't really like the idea of having a mate because I thought I will be obligated to look after them. My wolf tho. . he disagreed with me. But when I found out I am mated with the alpha's brother, Beomgyu I got scared. Why? Well mainly because he's fragile as heck and he's an omega, we need extra care. Guess what I did . . "

I look at him as I think of what could this smiley dude did. .

"You hug him I think?"

He let out a laugh. . that's loud.

"No . . I ran away. . I literally vanished from the pack for like a long time. I just stayed in my secret hideout hehe. But the point is. . I felt my wolf suddenly changed his attitude. . he nagged me non stop so I returned and then I saw Beomgyu with our other mate, Taehyun. . . I don't even know what I felt but the moment Taehyun told me what Beomgyu went through when I left, I wanna kill myself. . . I can't even imagine the pain they both went through when I'm gone. . the thing is . . mates are not an obligation because they can manage as an individual, mates complete them, heal them, make their lives more meaningful and most of all, love them. "

"Why are you saying this?"

"Because I don't want you to feel that way. .  trust me, being a mate to someone is the best thing. . . you don't have to stay. . you just have to accept him. Wait . ., you are not in a relationship, right?"

I laughed at his face, why does he look so funny? I don't know if he's confused, scared or anxious.

"I'm not. . "