XXVIII

Sunoo

The turn of events made me question many things.

At the moment, I am facing her again. She has been placed behind bars which she should belong from all the pain she caused us.

After finding out about her wanting to meet with Sunghoon's biological brother with a love potion, I have no pity left for her, only anger. I have been through a lot in her care and the fact that she tried to hurt my friends makes me mad, and for what? So that I can be ugly?

And all throughout the time, Niki has been restless as if he is wanting to say something.

"Sweet cheeks, do you want to rest first?"

I sighed before we left the cell and went outside for fresh air.

"Niki . . do you wanna say something?"

He held my hand as he look me in the eyes.

"I want to tell this but . . . could you promise me, . . you won't hate me?"

Now he's wierd.

"How horrible could that be that I would hate you Niki?"

He looks hesitant and nervous.

He held my face before planting a slow kiss on my lips.

Now, what's the matter?

"I know that woman. . "

I froze . . .

Is she his mother?

"How?"

"Ten years ago, I saw her involved in a car crash. . . she's with a man. When the car hit the tree, ambulance came not long after without anyone making a call, maybe they saw it or something. But when they cleared the area, I saw the necklace. then a small bottle of poison, then a handbag. ."

My heart almost stopped beating after Niki said those words.

My knees give way making me fall on the ground and Niki immediately ran to me as he held my trembling self.

"Are you ok? . .. "

"Do you mean to tell me, my dad was murdered?"

"That man was your dad?"

I shakily fist out my phone and showed him the last photo of my father with me. Upon seeing him Niki's face paled.

"He's your father?"

Tears stream down my face when I confirmed that my father was indeed murdered.

My fury got into me and I am ran towards the cell despite Niki's voice calling me.

"Open the cell!"

I yelled at the wolf who in return open the cell as quick as possible. My anger clouded my mind and I grab my stepmother from the bed she's laying and she fell with a loud thud on the floor. Because her hands and feet are bounded together, she could just scream and curse at me.

I'm starting to get more annoyed.

My fist finally met her face which silenced her instantly.

I can't hold back my tears as I remember how my life went totally downhill when my dad died in that so called accident. I was treated by her like shit and she made her friends make fun of me, blaming me for my father's death, making my brothers hate me for no reason, making them suffer because they protected me.