XV

Sunoo

I just sat on the bed as I look at the chaos outside. I want to help, especially seeing children being left out because of the panic.

My hands touch my lip as I remember what I just did.

I just kissed Niki.

My first kiss .. . . . gone . .

But he returned it tho.

But three times in a day already.

My smile widens when my heartbeat picked up its pace and now, its beating abnormally fast but instead of hurting me, I felt happy to feel it.

I don't know really what went to me when I kissed him while he's unconscious but I don't regret it.

I am still unsure about this mate thing and about me being mates with a strong wolf but I would like to accept it because I don't want to loose Niki. Not only because we're mates but, just the thought that he's dead is already killing me for an unknown reason.

Do I love him already?

It's too fast.

I think I like him. .

Yeah . . let's stick to that.

I actually thought he's gonna die a while ago, I freaked out and I don't know.

In the middle of my thought, I heard more screams and cries of women and children along with other screams making me look outside and as I did, I almost fell on my knees. The whole pack is in panic and the worse part, I can see the enemy wolves behind them.

There are babies and kids. Some even are left on the ground, crying, helpless.

Without thinking of the warning, I ran outside the house just in time when a baby was crying. No one seem to notice as they're all busy evacuating. I saw Beomgyu and Yeonjun assisting the crowd.

I ran to the baby as I carefully pick them up and search for someone to give them to. I approach Yeonjun and he's shocked to see me but I handed him the baby before he even spoke.

I began to help without me knowing, the elders, the kids and babies. I am actually amazed as the other women fought with the wolves like a badass.

Although I don't know if those parents notice their missing child or not because at this moment, I came across a child, I think about two years old crying for his parents as he sat on the floor.

How can someone not notice him?

I place him on the chair as the population continuously come. Good thing Beomgyu saw me and I gave him the baby to take to safety.

Is this house their evacuation house? What if war happens everyday? Won't it be a hassle? What about their houses? Is this what is like when we also evacuate during typhoon?
I think so.

Just then, I saw a kid being attacked by one of the wolves.

I don't know where my courage came from but I step in and hid the child behind me, the wolf seem to realize I am human when it starts to bring out his fangs, ready to attack.

I seem to attract attention when the other wolves starts to surround me. I am trembling and I can't even move but I felt brave. I don't even know why.

They leap but I just duck before I slide in an opening I saw making the wolves bump into each other.

I saw what seem to be a dagger as I pick it up.

They all look angry and as one charge me, I lean back as I stretched my arms making the dagger bury into his throat.

Blood fell from there but that only gave me energy to go on as I pick another dagger and threw it towards the zoning wolf and immediately it was aimed on their eye. I don't know but I always hate it when they abuse animals in zoos but here I am killing a wolf without feeling bad.