IV 2

Jay

The police won't even be an option for now, you know why? The last time I tried to report to the police, I failed. I didn't know what mom did that even despite the evidences, she still manage to leave the prison and make our lives worse than hell itself. My second attempt almost cost mine and Sunoo's life. Because of that, I don't even know what to do anymore.

I didn't have a choice. I wish I was strong enough to defend Sunoo but knowing my mother, she won't allow it. Another disadvantage is her knowing mine and Sunghoon's weakness. With this, she knows how to control us. And the fact that she knows every single thing we do is very disturbing.

One time, we were told to make Sunoo clean the house. Sunghoon and I helped since no one is around to help. The next thing we know, Jake almost got killed by a car and Jungwon was suddenly beaten by an unknown group. Thats when we knew we can't escape her. If witches are real, she'd be their queen.

Her jealousy and greediness led us to be prisoners. All the time we make Sunoo cry, we'll always feel so guilty as those eyes that was once filled with sunshine is now pouring rain.

Sunoo

I can't control my tears as they continue to fall.

"I need to get out of here. She will kill me in no time."

Sunghoon stood dumbfounded at the things we all found out. Of course anyone finding out they're only being used by their adoptive mother is terrible.

"Sunoo . . . I am sorry. . I couldn't do anything. . I'm sorry but the thought of her hurting Jungwon or Sunghoon again, it's haunting me. . I'm sorry you felt like a human sacrifice but I must, we myst do it or she will do it herself and it's worse. "

I wipe my tears as I look at the two of them. all this time, they're not bad at all. They're just doing it to protect- -

Wait . . .

"Do you two perhaps like my friends?"

Their eyes widen in shock as I just smiled. Despite the creepy atmosphere, I manage to see something good of it.

Sunghoon hyung is blushing and Jay hyung can't look me in the eyes.

"Sunoo. . not now. . -"

"I have a confession to make"

Sunghoon suddenly cut off Jay as he look at me. The atmosphere was again back at its original creepiness.

"Mom . .. She. . .I heard her on the phone last night ..  . she plans to kidnap Sunoo and kill him then and there and . . and make it look like Sunoo committed suicide. . . she said and I quote "Jay and Sunghoon are taking very slow and I need the money that Sunoo was left". She knew about your inheritance from your mom, dad and grandparents. . . now I don't know when she'll do it but I think as soon as possible"

Silence filled the room as I look around. My knees feel weak as I collapse on the ground.

"What the hell is that all about?! Sunoo   . .someone is gonna kill Sunoo?!"

I look up at the voices and saw Jungwon and Jake angrily asking questions from my stepbrothers. Jake is in the verge of crying as Jungwon is already crying while he fists Jay's shirt.

"What is going on?"

I heard Jake ask Sunghoon as the latter slowly tell him what he just told us.

"I need to get out of here"

I mumbled and I felt arms around me, lifting me up.