XI

Sunoo

My heart aches at the sight of Jungwon when the wolf warrior brought him in.

"What did you do to him?"

I didnt mean to glare at the warrior who looks scared but I just can't help it. Jungwon has bruises on the side of his lips and cuts on his arms. He also looks weak.

"Sunoo . . calm down . . I'm sure he doesn't know about him. It's just that humans are threat in the territory and they saw him lurking around. Sunoo you have to understand, if humans tell the outside world about us, we'll be doomed and we'll be forced to fight you"

Soobin calmly said but I just can't help my tears. Is this how they treat every human who happens to pass their boarder?

If that's so, why did Niki helped me?

And to think that they hurt Jungwon just because he pass the territory. I know they're protecting their land but was covering his face with a sack really necessary?

Will they kill him have I not intervened?

I don't know now how to look at them.

"Did they hurt you?"

He shook his head.

"Not really, they just chased me until I was knocked unconscious"

Seriously?

"What are you doing there?"

He smiled before he pull out his phone.

Right!

When he showed me the article, I almost lose my soul.

"I didn't believe them when they said your body is found dead. . I come to the forest and search but I got lost and come face to face with the wolves. Hyung. . you have to show up before it's too late. Your stepmother, after taking all the money, she will kill Jay and Sunghoon just like how she did to you. Jake hyung heard everything but after he told me, he went missing. Along with Sunghoon hyung."

I froze . .

Will she really kill them? Then what?

Here I thought I actually escaped the outside world but that's just temporary. I still have problems back home.

"I can't go back. . She'll kill me.  ."

"We have the police behind our backs Sunoo.  .  ."

I look around the room and I'm sure they heard what we talk about. I saw how they all look at me with shock all over their faces.

"I don't mean to interrupt but it seems to me like you'll be needing our help Sunoo"

I look at Jongseong and even Jungwon looked shocked at the sight of a Jay look alike in front of him. I also notice how Jungwon's eyes trailed from Jongseong's face to his hands that is intertwined with Heeseung.

I can see he's hurt. Why tho?

"Excuse me one sec"

I turn to Niki who's eyes glimmer in gold color again.

He's mad?

A loud growl was heard the moment Niki stepped out into the open.

My attention went back to Jungwon who's now calling someone.

"Jungwon where the hell are you?"

Jay hyung?

Then who's this person in front of me?