XXVII

Niki

I am still not getting the reason why Sunoo's stepmother consulted a witch to kill him. And of all witches, it has to be Blue Aqua's witch. I mean, I can easily tell Namjoon to eliminate her. I don't know but I am sensing that luck is on our sides.

I am in a pack patrol when I heard Sunoo's faint voice calling me. It is so faint that I almost couldn't hear it. Even Riki didnt hear him. Good thing, I manage to feel his fear then I heard him.

Immediately, since I am in the furthest part of the pack I have to speed up as fast as I can to the human world. When I arrive at the end of the territory I change my clothes and enter the car I parked there like a day ago and drove to Sunoo's house. When I got there, I couldn't sense him so I ran to the direction where I can smell his scent.

When I got to the convenience store I saw a familiar face, Yuju. Good thing Soonyong came on time or I might really hurt her.

The thing is, we have no issues on witches but the thing about what Yuju said made me angry. Witches, if they plan to kill, they really aim for the kill and this time, my mate is their target.

Currently, we are headed towards Blue Aqua's territory with Sunoo and Sunghoon. Jay, Jake and Jungwon didn't join us and I clearly know why.

Upon arriving, we immediately ran towards where they held the captives.

I immediately recognized the group of witch consisting of the 6 famous sisters who were believed to be the last lineage of witches in this country.

Seated on a chair is a woman who look really familiar to me.

When the woman and Sunoo lock eyes, Sunoo held my hand tightly.

She's his stepmother?

Just then, a memory of her face flashed in my mind.

Ten years ago, when I found the pendant.

Flashback

Niki was strolling through the forest as he tried to hunt for food for him and his brother.

He came upon a huge tree and because he's feeling tired and exhausted from running, he decided to just rest for a bit. A while later, he saw a car speeding towards him so he immediately move away from the tree just in time for the car to crash into it.

Niki was terrified when he saw two people inside. A woman was injured inside but she's still breathing. A man is also inside and he's not breathing.

Not long after, the ambulance suddenly came making Niki confused to how they knew.

As far as his knowledge could take him to, Niki knew that you have to call before they will come and in this situation, no one made a call making Niki suspicious.

When the scene was cleared, Niki went to the scene and there he saw the pendant that he saw fall from the man's neck. He picked it up but something caught his attention, a small bottle.

Picking it up, Niki immediately knew what it is, a poison. He saw this in one of the people he saw on TV. Sniffing the bottle, he smelt perfume. Looking further, he saw a hand bag, how could they miss this?

Inside, he saw stacks of cash and the smell is the same with that of the perfume bottle.

"Did the woman kill the man with the poison?"

Niki took the bag with him and went into the hole he dug before to serve as a hiding spot for his hunting.

He hid the bag but the pendant, he was intrigued by it so he kept it in a special sealed box.