VIII

Niki

He's been asleep for two days and Riki and I are already getting anxious. I cannot eat, I cannot even be still without panicking and overthinking things. I stayed beside him as he sleeps, always talking to him, asking him his name and stuff. Yeonjun actually have to pull me out the room to eat or shower. He told me I'm being a creep.

Of course, I don't want my mate to wake up and see me like a mess so I actually got up that day and went to shower.

Even in the shower, I just zoned out and without thinking straight, I put on my clothes and dried my hair. I sat on my bed as I began to recall our first encounter.

I can't help but feel angry and curious at the same time.

Why are they trying to kill him?

Why is he in the woods in the first place?

He could be kidnapped and was planned to be killed in the woods?

Why?

By who?

What sin did he do for them to want him dead?

Or could it be that he's a bad person and they want to arrest him?

'Think that one more time and I swear I'll jump out of your body and kill us myself. How could you think of our mate that way?"

Oh . .. Right . .

He looks too pure to even hurt a fly.

But why?

"What if he's a son of a witch and they hurt the humans?"

"Seriously Riki? You just told me not to think bad about him and now you're assuming he's a witch? Say that again and I won't let you take over. . ever"

'I'm sorry . . you overthinking is affecting me ok? Stop thinking. . or overthinking whatever that is you're doing.'

Well I guess I can ask him when we're close right?

Why do I feel like I love him already?

Is this what Jongseong mentioned about the power of mates?

Then I heard it. .

Beomgyu shouting that he's awake and I literally flew out my room and into the room he's in. I saw that the five of them are already in so I pushed my way in and there he is, sitted gorgeously on the bed with the tray of food in front of him.

I forgot how Beomgyu always bring him a tray of food just in case he woke up.

I just stared at him as he quietly listens to the introductions before eating another spoonful.

Just then, his eyes landed on me.

His eyes.. . . they're gorgeous, and I might be biased but his cheeks looks so soft and squishy. Everything about him looks ethereal.

'You idiot introduce ourselves'

Oh shit!

I'm panicking that my words came out like a mess. I'm stuttering and because of embarrassment, I quickly ran outside before I make a fool of myself even more.

Seriously, I've spoken to many poeole when we have a pack meeting but this time, I can't talk straight to one . . ONE person and of all those people, it has to be my mate.

"Riki . .I mess up. . "

I whined to my wolf who just sighed.

'I can't blame you. . even I would look like an idiot if I'm in front of him.  .  . and look at us, we don't even know his name'