XIII

Sunoo

After kicking my stepmother out of the house, I know everything is not over yet. I had to go back to school and continue my studies. After a few months of doing nothing but school, I graduated High school.

I am now starting to study business with the help of Jake's parents who are successful businessmen, I am able to learn a few basics and ins and outs of the business world.

BTW speaking of business, remember the restaurants we owned? Well from all 10 branches across the country, only 3 remains and those are the ones in the city, where are those seven you ask, well they're sold by my stepmother. So dumb for me to not realize that. I mean how can she afford her luxuries? Where is she getting all the money she spent on nonsense? For nearly 10 years, all she's been doing is spending my parent's hard earned money on making herself look like a clown, she doesn't even have a job and some money she had comes from guess what, selling drugs. Yup she's a drug dealer and after we found out, she's immediately sent to prison. That went on for almost a year, court hearings and proving them about the abuse I got.

She even tried to drag her two sons in her mess calling them her accomplice in everything but there's no evidence proving her words.

Just when I thought everything is alright, I then realized that with her in jail, who's gonna pay all her debts in different people? When she's sentenced to life imprisonment, we received a call from different people about her debts. That's a huge amount considering it has high interest in it.

I don't know what to do.

Thankfully, my friends lend me a helping hand. They bought back all the branches of the restaurants under my name. They even manage to make all the staffs come back and not even a month later, the restaurants are back in business. Jake said I can pay the debt by earning from the restaurants. Besides, they are popular and always filled with costumers so the profit continues to come in.

Sunghoon after high school immediately trained under Jake's father in being a business person and being a fast learner he is manage to understand everything in the business world. I think, I'll let him handle everything in the restaurant instead.

Jay hyung started to work in the hospital Jungwon's family owned. He taught himself about the different chemicals in the pharmacy and instead of going back to school, he decided to focus first in his job.

You can say everything is going on well with us, we're now happier and yes, I now occupy my old bedroom. My stepmother's bedroom? We just turn it into a study room for the three of us.

It's more than a year has passed now and I am 19 and many things have changed in the span of a day. Many things happen and now, I just want to make sure that everything will fall into place.

With me being the only one school among the three of us, I can say its very hard, not financially but mentally. I always broke down in tears one night and I don't know, I just  feel too much emotion and I malfunctioned.

..........

It's an ordinary day for me in school as I wait for my friends in the school canteen. I just finished my final exams and I'm exhausted to the core and I just want to sleep.

"Sunoo. .  sorry we're late. . "

I just smiled at Jake who's dragging a sleepy Jungwon beside him.

"I'm fine, I'm just really tired. . "

"Ok. . let's eat now. . we still have exams later"

"Sad to be in that place"

I just let out a laugh at their devastated faces upon realizing that I have no exams and they still have some.