17; Playground

I was at the Black Lake. I then heard someone sit next to me. I was assuming it was Harry, but Harry never got up at five in the morning just to watch the sunrise.

"What are you doing here this early?" I heard a boy ask me.

I turned my head. I smiled at him.

"Hello, Draco."

"Hello, Echo."

"I come here every morning. Well, almost every morning to watch the sunraise." I told him. He nodded. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. "Same as you. Watching the sunrise." He said. "Cool."

We stayed quiet for a whilst as we watched the sun. "I haven't talked to you in such a long time." I said. "Yeah, that's true." He said. "So...how are you?" I asked him. "I'm doing just fine." He said. I nodded. "Hows your mum?" I asked. "Asking about you." He said. "Really?" I asked him. He nodded.

"I thought she hated my dad." I said. "Eh, something like that. She doesnt...take fond to him, but she does care for you." He told me. "That's sweet of her to do so." I said. "For sure." He answered. "Well, tell her I said hello." I said.

We stayed quiet for a whilst. "I see Weasley hasn't been with you recently." He said. He didn't specify which Weasley he was talking about, but I knew which one he was referring to. "Little fight." I said. "Hmm, is that so?" He asked. I shrugged. "Yeah." I said.

He started to chuckle. I smirked a little. "What's so funny?" I asked him. "Do you remember that time, three years ago, and we bumped into each other in the muggle world?" He asked. I giggled as I remembered the idea.

"Yeah, I do." I said.

Flashback
Me and Remus were walking to the grocery store. We walked by the park that was full of kids my age. "Ooh, Remus! Can we go to the park?" I asked him. "Not now, Echo. We need to get you and your fathers stuff first." He told me. I groaned. "Can't that wait?" I asked him. He shook his head.

We walked to the store. Got what we needed and started to walked back home. The house was only six blocks from the store, so we didn't need to use a muggle car. Besides, Remus was a horrible driver.

We walked past the park again. "Can we go now?" I asked him. He sighed and looked down at his watch. "Fine. But I need to get home. You can go. Be back at six otherwise you'redad will get worried sick." He said. "Yay! Bye Remus, see you soon!" I said and ran towards the park. "Bye, Echo. Stay safe!" He called as I waved at him.

I ran to the swings and sat on one of them. I started to swing in it, enjoying my time. I imagined myself flying away up into the sky as I swinged up. The fresh June air hitting my long brown hair, pushing it away from my face. I giggled at the feeling.

After a while, I jumped from the swing as I was up high and landed on my butt. I laughed. I then heard soft sobbing from the end of the swings.

I turned my head.

I saw a platinum blonde boy crying. I stared at him in confusion. Why was he crying? At the time, I was a very curious, outgoing girl who was afraid of nothing and no one.

I stood up from the floor, wiped away the wood chips from my butt and walked to the sobbing boy. He was sitting on a swing with his face in his hands as he quietly cried. "Hello." I said to him, kindly. He shot his head up to look at me. He frowned and didn't say anything.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him. He didn't say anything. I took a seat next to him. "You look new here. I come here a lot, so I would know. Are you new?" I asked the boy. "Y-yes." He said quietly. "Cool! We can be friends if you like!" I said. "No. I can't be friends with you." He said, wiping away his tears and sniffing. "Why?" I asked him.