27: Thunder

I was curled up in bed, covering my ears with my arms, and hugged Benji tightly as the thunder roared outside.

I had my eyes shut tightly, breathing hard and shaking rapidly. The rain was coming hard, and the thunder was loud. I was whimpering a little. I've always been afraid of loud noises since I was little. Thunder especially.

Another huge thunder came, this one bigger and louder than the rest. I quickly got jumped out of bed, grabbed my blanket, pillow, Benji, and ran to the first person I thought of.

I sprinted down the hall, up the stairs, and into his room.

"Fred? Fred? Fred? Fred? Freddie? Fred?" I whispered. He groaned a little in response, not opening his eyes. "Can I stay with you for this night?" I asked. "Mhm," he muttered, half asleep. I set my stuff down and curled on the wooden floor.

I wasn't going to sleep in the same bed as Fred, since he was dating Angelina. But then again, I have in the past. And then it came back to me.

He's too stupid to even notice. He's always with that Black girl.

I'm surprised I still haven't found the courage to tell him. He's one of my best friends. I can't do this to him.

The thought of it washed me to sleep, convincing myself I would tell him soon.

-

I woke up that morning, comfortable. How was I comfortable on the floor? I opened my eyes a little. I wasn't on the floor. I was on a bed.

And it smelled like Fred.

I then saw a body on the floor, smirking up at me. I smiled down at him.

"I see your up," He said. "I see your up as well. That's infrequent for you." I said. He rolled his eyes, his smirk not leaving his face. "I woke up staring down at a girl on the floor." He said. I blushed a little.

"Why'd you move me?" I asked him. He shrugged "Who doesn't like a gentleman?" He said, making me chuckled a little. "Who doesn't?" I repeated.

We stayed quiet for a while, just staring at each other. "How long have you been up?" I asked. "It is...seven in the morning," I added, looking over at the alarm clock that he probably doesn't use on his bedside. "Not that long. 6:50?" He told me. "What've you been doing?" "Staring at you. Well, that was when you were facing me. Then I got to see your backside, which wasn't too bad either." He gave me a flirtatious wink, making me laugh.

"That was unusual of you to get up at six," I said. "Yeah, I know. George would've been so proud of me." He responded. We both smirked lazily.

"So, you're afraid of thunder?" He asked me. "Loud noises." I clarified. "Right. I didn't know that." He said. I shrugged. "I guess there is more to find out about you, isn't there?" He asked with a smirk.

"You'll just have to wait and find out," I said.

-

We were all at the table, eating dinner. I sat next to Hermione and Ron, as they chatted away about the upcoming exams in a couple of months I wasn't too worried about our OWLs I was feeling fine.

"Good morning," Dad said as he walked upon the room. "Good morning, Sirius." They all responded, but me saying dad instead of his name. "How did you all sleep? He asked, grabbing a piece of toast from the table and leaning against the wall. "Fine. I'm sure I would've been better if Ron would stop snoring!" Harry said. "I can't help it! It's like saying you have to stop getting yourself into danger every minute, Harry." Ron said.

We all laughed. We all went back to talking with each other. Molly was getting more food on the table, as Arthur was reading the Daily Prophet. You could only see his bright red hair from behind the big paper.

"Echo?" Ron asked. I turned to him. "Yeah?" "Why do you smell like Fred?" He asked, sniffing me. "W-what?"

Hermione was now also leaning a little. "Yeah, you do smell strangely like Fred." She said. Doesn't she always?" George asked. I blushed as I sniffed my shirt. It smelt normal.

Dad rose an eyebrow. "Something you'd like to say, Echo?" He asked with a wide grin. "No..i-i don't think so, no." I stumbled a little. "Ooh!" Ginny giggled with Hermione. I looked over at Fred. He was smirking.

"And Fred smells like Echo." George pointed out. His eyes suddenly went wide. I hide my snort. "Is there something going on with you two?" Mrs. Weasley eyed us. "No!" We both said in unison.

"Huh, because last time I checked, Echo wasn't in her room." She said. "Yeah, and both Echo and Fred came down at the same time for breakfast!" Ginny said. "Arthur, are you hearing this?" Mrs. Weasley asked as she cut up some strawberries.

"Yes, yes, dear. Hey, Sirius, have you heard about the Ministry?" Mr. Weasley responded, not looking away from his paper. Mrs. Weasley scoffed.

"So, Echo, tell us. Where exactly were you last night?" Harry asked us. I gave him a small glare, making him smirk. "Nowhere!"

"Weird. Cause I heard two familiar voices coming from Fred's room when I was on my way downstairs." He smiled.

"Shove off." I glared at him. They all stared at us. Even Mr. Weasley has barely looked up from his paper. "What? I got scared of the thunder." I huffed. "What a lame excuse." George shook his head. "It's not an excuse! It's the truth!" I said. "Mhm, sure it is." He winked.

"That still doesn't explain why you smell like each other," Hermione said. "We switched beds. I got his bed, he got the floor with my blanket and pillow as I got his." I told them. "Rubbish I tell you," George muttered. I scoffed.

"Just because I can get someone and you can't doesn't mean you don't have to try, George." I muffled. "OOOOH!" Fred, Harry, Ginny, and Ron broke down laughing their guts out.

George had his mouth dropped. "What a bitch!" He laughed a little. "GEORGE WEASLEY!" Molly hit him with her wooden spoon, which she was using to scoop up some marmalade. "Ow - ow - ow - ow!" He whined. "You will respect all girls!" She yelled. "Yes, ma'am!" He said.

I giggled a little, taking another spoon full of yogurt into my mouth.

-

"Good, now put your hand on E string - perfect! Now move this one to D. You got it!" I said, showing Fred the notes to a song. He smiled a little down at his hands on the strings. "Now grab this -" I held out the black pick, "and strum it." He took it from me and gently strung the guitar. It made a nice, soft tune. He smiled.

"See, you got the hang of it!" I said. "Now play it all together," he began to play the notes I had given him. He played an old fashion muggle song.

Not a bad singer.

-