56; Kidnap

"I wish my Mum got an abortion when she found out she was pregnant with me." 

"Damn. You must be in those depressed years of your life, eh?" George asked, handing me his cup of tea. 

"They're selling me to the Malfoy's! Can you believe it?" I took a sip from Georges tea and gave it back.

"I honestly expected much more from Dumbledore. Selling you to the Malfoys for information," Fred scoffed and shook his head. 

"Hey, what if we adopt you!" George said. "What?" Fred and I stared at him with huge agitate.

"Yeah! We're of age, aren't we? We could adopt you, then you wouldn't have to go with the Malfoys." 

"George, you're eighteen. You must be twenty-one to adopt a child." I pointed out to him. "Oh." He said simply. 

"And anyways, it would take a lot of time and paperwork." Fred said. 

"Yeah...no, you're right. It would be weird if you marry your father, would'nt it?" He said, sipping from his tea. 

"What?!"

"Yeah. If Fred adopted you — Echo —, the  he'd be your father. I don't think its legal to marry your dad. Yeah, screw the adoption plan." George sighed. 

"I don't wanna know what goes on in your head, George. I really don't." I told him. "Its not that bad. Honestly." He smiled. 

Fred looked away with a smirk. "What?" George asked him. "No, nothing." He responded, scratching his neck. George gave him a pique look. 

I sniffed. "What do you think'll happen?" I asked them, wrapping my body around Freds blanket. 

"They wont take you away. And if they do, i'll find a way to get you back." Fred added to the frown on my face. 

George made kissy noises. "My hero!" He mimicked in a high-pitched voice. I shoved his arm and grinned. They laughed. 

-

"But...but you promised you would fix things!" I said tearfully. 

"I know, Echo. I tried. I really, really tried. But its hard, darling. The Minister had already agreed to them..." Remus said.

"Is it even legal to buy a child!?" I was close to yelling. Remus shook his head softly. "Occurring to them it is." 

I scoffed. "Wow. Thats just amazing." 

"I know..."

There was a moment of tearful stillness. "They want you there by three weeks." Remus said all of a sudden. 

"What — three weeks?!" I yelled. He nodded ashamedly. "So they're actually doing this?!" I asked. Remus nodded again. 

I did have to admit, i was completely dumbfounded. 

"Im not going." I said. "Echo, you don't really have much of a choice." Remus said quietly. "I just can't believe The Order wont don't anything else to stop this..." 

"We've done all we could! We had meetings, read through laws, even argue with the Minister!" Remus told me. 

"Yeah, and what exactly did that do?" I asked. "Its all we could do." He said. 

"I bet if Dumbledore was against this we could have actually stopped the Malfoys." I whispered. 

Remus went silent. "That — that's true... and we have tried to convince him otherwise. But he just wouldn't give in once he made his mind up."

"Why do you think he's such a hero?" I asked him. He didn't responde. 

"You aren't answering." I said. "I hadn't noticed." He mumbled sarcastically and sat across from me. 

"So you don't think he's a hero anymore?" I asked. "I never said that." He said. "Then why? Why is your big hero?" I asked. 

He ignored me and walled to the door. "Three weeks, Echo." He sighed and walked out of the room. 

It's bullshit how they let this happen. 

-

"Wait — so you're actually leaving?!" Fred dropped the boxes of Tied Tongue Twisters as I finished telling him my talk with Remus.

"Thats just fucked up! Can't believe they  just let that happen!" He said. "Thats what i said." I rolled my eyes. 

"You're not going." He said, picking up the boxes from the ground. "Its not that easy, Fred." I helped him with the boxes.

"I dont care. I'm not letting them take ahold of you." He told me, re-stocking the shelfs. "And what are you going to do. Kidnap me?" I smirked. 

"Its not technically kidnapping if you've  agreed to it." He shrugged.

My face turned serious. "What?" 

He didn't responde and started to walk towards the backroom to get more Tied Tongue Twisters. 

"Fred, you could get into serious trouble  for doing that." I told him, following him through the doors. "I know." He said back. 

"You could go to Azkaban!" I exclaimed. "And?" He grabbed two big boxes and walked out the doors again. 

I stared at him in astonishment. "If it means to help you, then I really don't care," he told me. "Yeah, well I'm not letting that happen!" 

"What? Is staying with me and George seriously worse then staying with the Malfoys?" He asked, opening the boxes. "No, but having you two locked up in Azkaban is!" I said. 

"I would kill the entire wizarding world for you, Echo." 

"Dont say that." I said. "Why not? Its true." He said back. "Fred, this is serious!" I frowned. "Who said I wasn't being serious?" He asked. 

I sighed and crossed my arms, staring out the window. "It would be kidnapping if I refused to it." I said. 

"Well then get ready, darling, because I'm going to kidnap you." 

I stared at him placing the boxes of sweets on the shelfs. 

He stared back and smiled. 

"Its okay to be depressed sometimes, Echo. All the best people are." He said. "Would that mean you're  depressed sometimes?" I asked him. 

He grinned. "I see what you did there!" He said. I giggled. "And to answer your question, yes. I am depressed 92% of the day working here." He said. 

"Whys that?" I asked him, curious to his answer. "You have your dream job, working with George." I added. 

"Because I'm not with you 92% of the day" He told me. 

"But you're with George." I pointed out. "Yeah, but its clearly not the same as being with you." He said. 

"You're right. I'd also want to be with myself 100% of the day if I were you." I smirked. He laughed. 

"You have the entire thing correct, love." 

-