40; Unholy Thoughts

FRED'S POV

She fell asleep on my shoulder around twenty minutes in her forgiveness. I couldn't help but smile at her as she slept peacefully. I pushed her hair out of her face, placing it behind her ear softly.

"You know, I gotta admit, I'm shooked." George said once Echo was 100% asleep. "Shooked about?" I asked as I wrapped an arm around her to keep her warm.

"Shooked you haven't asked her out yet." He said. I looked away from him and stared at the brightly lit hotel. "I'm not with you." I said. I couldn't dare stare into his eyes. He knows when I lie.

I could see him smirk from the corner of my eye. "Oh yes you do," He said. I shook my head and stayed silent. He went on as he noticed I wasn't going to say anything.

"You fancy her, don't you?" He said. I didn't say anything for a while. "No idea what you're talking about." I said at last. "Yeah, you do. I've never seen you stare at someone like that."

"Stare at someone like what?" I asked. "Stare at someone as if all you wanted to do was kiss them and hold them forever." He told me. I didn't respond.

Why?

Because that was true.

"You can hide your feelings from me, but not from yourself, Freddie." George said as he relaxed on the frosty grass. "You're talking rubbish." I said.

"Am I? Or are you?" He rose an eyebrow and continued to smirk. "I mean, if I'm being honest, I've never seen anyone stare at someone else like how you stare at Echo. Not even mum and dad." He said.

"And vice versa." He added. "What?" I finally looked at him. "You heard me. I also see how Echo looks at you." He said. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Fine. I'll leave you alone to your thoughts. But let me ask you a question; who did you really smell in your Amortentia, Fred? Because it wasn't Angelina, that's for sure." He said.

"I saw right through you, brother. It was like staring at a freshly washed window, with absolutely zero marks of dirt."

"But, of course, I might be wrong - although most of the time I'm not -. Just think of love potion and who you smelled in it. The real person you smelled in it."

He went silent after that. I'm not sure if he had fallen asleep, but he was still and quite the rest of the night.

And so I did what he told me to do. I thought about the potion. And about the things I smelled in it; altogether, the person I smelled in it.

-

It took them around two hours to check the entire hotel, making sure there was no fire. They checked every room. And I'll assure you, there were a lot.

We were now back in the hotel room. We slept for the rest of the night. We overslept. It was now around twelve in the afternoon. George had left to get "food" but both me and Echo were certain he was flirting with the front desk lady.

I was currently laying on Echos lap as she carefully traced the freckles on my face. "I heard a myth once about freckles." She told me. "Well go on then." I said. "Freckles are angels giving you kisses before you were born, and the more freckles you have, the more kisses you got." She said.

I blushed and smiled. George told me to be honest to myself, so I'll be honest. I wanted to kiss her right there and then.

So I did.

I grabbed her check and pulled in. Next thing I know, my lips were connected to hers. She kissed back.

I felt relief she didn't pull away. I've been wanted this for so long. Craving her touch for almost a year now. And now she's all mine.