49; Hell

Umbridge snapped her head to me. "Is that true, Miss Black?" She asked. I opened my mouth to protest, but Angelina cut me off.

"Yes! It is! You can even tell the Weasley twins. They helped her." A proud smile crossed her face.

That bitch.

"Go fetch them, will you Irma?" She told Pince. Madam Pince nodded and left. I glared at Angelina.

"Now, Miss Black. If it's true that you did set a part of the Forest on fire, we need the truth out now." She said.

I went silent. What was I supposed to tell her?

I tried to think of an excuse. But lying isn't always easy for people.

I was fine.

I've lied to dad and snuck out a bunch of time before. This wasnt much different.

Except perhaps it was Umbridge in front of me and this was costing my life.

"I—"

The door opened. Fred and George walked in with Pince behind them. "Found them in the corridors looking for Black," Pince said.

"Perfect!" Umbridge smiled. I made eye contact with them. "What's going on?" Fred asked.

"Miss Johnson here decided to make the right decision and tell the truth." Umbridge smiled.

They stared at her in confusion. "I knew you two helped helped Black set the Forest on fire!" She said.

"That's a lie!" Fred said. "Yeah, it wasn't the entire forest. It was only like a fourth of it." George rolled his eyes.

"Ah-ha! So you admit it!" She said. "No. We're just correcting you," Fred told her. "Yeah." George agreed.

"So you're neglecting the accusation?" She said. "We wouldn't do such thing as set the Foreston fire!" George said.

"I feel offended for an accusation as big as that one!" Fred placed his hand on his chest where his heart was.

"This is not a game!" Umbridge snapped.

"I'm giving you a chance to admit you did it. But if you don't tell me, and I find you three did do it, we're going to have problems."

"What type of problems?" Fred crossed his arms. "I'll give you three to the court of three to come clean..." she said.

"One..."

"You sound like our mother."

"Two..."

Silence.

"Three."

"Fine!" I said. They all looked at me. "I did set the Forest on fire! I did it, but Fred and George didnt help me do it!" I told her.

"That's not true!" Fred said. "Shes lying! We did help her!" George frowned.

"Thank you for telling me, Miss Black." Umbridge smiled. I looked down at the floor and glared at it.

"No, no, no! We helped her set the Forest on fire! I was the one who did it! I set a spell at a tree and it lit up!" Fred said.

"Hes lying, Professor!" I said. "Its true! I was there when it happened!" George said. "We're not lying! We caused it to happen, not Echo,"

"Enough!" Umbridge yelled. "Madam Pince," she looked at her.

"Go get Hagrid for me. I need a word with him." She said. Pince nodded and left once again.