ᴛᴏ sᴀᴠᴇ x ᴀ x ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ

ꕥ

The candidates who had passed were called to gather into a large room. Chairman Netero was giving out his speech, while Valentine zoned out and her fingers gently caressed Zeus's head as the bird stood on the table in front of her, his beady black eyes staring up at her.

Suddenly, the door bursted open and jumping with fright, Valentine looked towards the door and saw Gon standing there. A small bandage shaped x was on his forehead and his arm was in a sling, causing the blonde to grimace as she thought back to when Hanzo had broken his arm.

She could almost hear when he had broken the bone.

Sending a piercing glare towards Illumi, Gon slowly walked towards the Raven-haired man and sent a glance towards Valentine as he passed by, he could tell that she was just as angry as he was.

She just hid it well.

Without a word, the boy approached the man and faced him courageously.

'Apologize to Killua',Gon seethed and glared at his friend's older brother.

Blankly looking up towards the boy, Illumi saw the enraged look on his and the blonde girl's face as they heatedly stared him down.

'Sorry',Illumi apologized, blankly staring at the two and acted as if he had done nothing wrong,'But what for?'

Tightly pulling his eyebrows together, Gon angrily frowned and his dark eyes glowed with the anger he felt.

'You don't know what you did wrong?',Gon questioned.

'Nope',He stated.

Golden eyes watched as Gon tightly clenched his fists.

'You're not qualified to be his big brother',The green-haired boy stated.

Turning his face away, Illumi faced forward and remained emotionless.

'I didn't know I had to qualify'

At that statement, Gon grabbed Illumi's arm and pulled him out of his seat, launching him into the air.

Though with the strength emitted from the boy, Illumi safely and gracefully landed on his feet, his arm still in Gon's grasp.

'Friends don't have too, either',The green haired boy stated, his eyes glistening with a strong gleam,'He gets to choose!'