ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴀ x ғᴀɪɴᴛ x ʟᴇᴀᴅ

༺♥༻

༺♥༻

The rocky terrain shifted and crackled under the harsh weight of the truck's tires as it drove through, dust flying up from the wheels.

While Dinner drove, Killua, Gon, Valentine and Kite sat in the front with Banana, Mon and Spin sitting in the back.

Since there wasn't enough space in the front and with enough flustered bickering back and forth between the two, Valentine had reluctantly sat in Killua's lap. His arms were strongly wrapped around her waist and his chin rested on her shoulder as her back relaxed against his chest; his arms acting as a seatbelt to keep her in place so that she didn't go flying or move whenever the truck hit a bump.

Meanwhile, Zeus was heatedly glaring into the silverette's skull with his beady, black eyes as he sat atop of Gon's shoulder.

Color painted the young blonde's cheeks and her face grew hot, warmth slowly traveling up her neck as she kept her eyes forward.

She swore that they had all planned this out and done it on purpose. It was almost like the whole group had sensed that the two liked one another and hadn't done anything about it, so they did.

Judging by how Gon kept glancing towards them and tried to keep his smile at bay.

Which he was obviously failing at.

'It's been days.. no, it's been months since it last rained here',Kite spoke up and the four glanced towards him,'The weather this year has been so unstable. It's possible that it's even affecting the wildlife in some way, though it's hard to say just yet'

'So, the insect with a large leg could be a mutation influenced by these conditions'

Hearing this, Valentine glanced between their older companions and slowly brought her lip in between her teeth.

If the insect had grown that large and they were a carnivorous animal, what kinds of things would they eat just to survive.

'But, why would it have grown larger?'

'In order to survive more easily?',Mon guessed,'If it were bigger, it would have a much better chance of securing it's food'

Glancing towards Zeus, Valentine noticed that he was much larger than any other hawk she had come across and it was either because of the species of hawk he was or his species evolutionary track.

'Yeah, that's true, but it would need more too, wouldn't it?',Banana asked,'It may be larger, but that doesn't always assist in survival. Environments one thing, but I think this is related to the chimera ant's nature'