ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ x ᴀɴᴅ x ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ

༺♥༻

༺♥༻

Fire and water weren't compatible.

Separate they were beautiful forces of nature that could destroy any monument or structure with a single blow.

But together, they were a force of danger and destruction, demolishing anything in their path.

Those two forces described the two sides of Valentine Nitsune that resided within her body and mind; one side was beautiful and kind like the beauty of a sparkling river and the other side was dangerous and raging, much like the blazing sparks of a fire.

After Knuckle had recovered from the brutal attack Valentine's other half had bestowed upon his body, Gon was back to try and win the tile once more, while Valentine and Killua had their own battle to overcome.

The night before, the silverette had trained with Biscuit since he hadn't fought for a while and the young blonde had a cup of mint tea in front of her, her golden eyes staring down at the steaming cup held within her hands.

Drops of blood flashed across her vision and the angered growls that had left her mouth filled her ears causing the young blonde to slowly close her eyes as they teared up, a harsh wave of indignity washing over her body as her grip strengthened and her hands tightened around the mug in her hands.

Ever since, Valentine made a promise to herself and that promise was, no matter what, she wouldn't let that side of her hurt her friends ever again.

Even if that meant taking herself out of their little group to keep them safe.

Safe from her.

Stars filled the sky like snow falling onto freshly turned ground. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth arising from the cold.

The four began to approach Knuckle and Shoot, their eyes narrowing as the opponents stared at one another.

'The loser-..',Knuckle began to say.

'-Hands his token over to the winner',Gon finished and his eyes sharpened.

In order to go and save Kite, the four would have to beat Knuckle and Shoot, taking their tiles or else they wouldn't be able to return to the NGL.

༺♥༻

Following Shoot deep into the forest, eyes of gold glanced towards Killua and Valentine watched as he stared at the man in front of them, a determined flint filling his eyes.