ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇ's x ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss x ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴs

༺♥༻

༺♥༻

The air was tense and heavy as the four stared at Knuckle, still in shock from the man telling them that Gon's technique was flawed.

'So, Gon. That technique you're using, what is it you call it?'

Freezing up, the green-haired boy realized that he hadn't thought of what to call his ability and his eyes widened as he rapidly began to think of something.

Realizing that she didn't have a name for her ability either, Valentine looked at the ground with furrowed eyebrows and placed her hand under her chin, trying to think of a name.

'It's Ja... Janken',Gon stuttered out and a drop of sweat fell down his forehead.

'Wow.. Zero effort'

Muffling her chuckle behind her hand, Valentine's shoulders shook slightly and a small snort left her lips, causing Killua to look down at her with a small smile, placing his hands on his hips.

'Jajanken, huh?',Knuckle said in understanding and put his hand under his chin,'Okay, I see. So it's just like rock, paper, scissors,  but the "ja-jan" adds a little oomph, like a "ta-da"!'

Staring at Knuckle with a wide-eyed expression, Gon's lips parted and he slowly blinked, a small drop of sweat falling down his face as he tensed up slightly.

'Well, not really',Gon said lowly.

It was clear that the first "ja" in the name was actually a stutter but if Knuckle liked the name, then so be it.

'That's a clever name you've got there, kid!',Knuckle exclaimed and held up two fingers,'Well, Gon, your Jajanken has two giant weaknesses. First off, the windup is too long. Those few precious seconds you're taking before the move is like an eternity in actual combat, so you ain't gonna get many chances to use it, will you?'

'Yeah, I know that'

'And second, it's too risky. See, the more aura you focus into your fist, the less you have at your disposal and that's less that you'll have to protect your body. If someone attacks when you're vulnerable, you're dead!'

Gritting his teeth together in anger, Gon's eyes narrowed the longer he stared at Knuckle and his Ren harshly flared up.

'I know what the risks are. That's why I spent the last month training, to make up for them!'