ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ x ᴀɴᴅ x ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ

༺♥༻

༺♥༻

Sitting at the table, Gon was patiently awaiting more people to come up and challenge him, but as word of the boy's strength spread around, no one wanted to step up and he beaten by a kid.

Suddenly, a man pushed his way through the crowd and Valentine's eyes narrowed at the sight, a glow of amber yellow taking over her eyes for a moment.

It was clear to her that he had ties with the mafia.

'Out of my way'

Pushing through the crowd as if the were nothing, the large man came to stand in front of the group and Leorio smiled at the man.

'Oh, do we have our first challenger?'

A shorter man came to stand next to the taller one as he pushed his way through the crowd.

'Not quite',The man stated,'I already know my man can't beat your kid. I was watching yesterday'

It was clear that he was the boss.

'Then what do you want?',Leorio questioned.

Eyes of obsidian narrowed and a low chirp left Zeus's beak as he ruffled his feathers, moving closer to Valentine's head; not liking the aura that was coming off of the man.

'Are you interested in making some real money?',He questioned.

A low gasp left Leorio's lips and he leaned forward, his eyes wide as he questioned the man, asking him what he had meant.

A small, but confident, smirk formed on the man's face and he leaned forward, his eyes glistening as he stared at Leorio.

'I know where you can make some serious cash',He stated,'Not the measly pocket change you're pulling here. You could make hundreds.. no, thousands of times more, easy'

Grinning at the offer, a greedy chuckle left Leorio's lips and he immediately agreed.

༺♥༻

Walking down an empty street, the two men began to lead the group somewhere; Leorio and Gon quietly talked, while Valentine stared at the ground, her hands shaking with anxiety.

'What's wrong?',Killua spoke up and looking up from the ground, Valentine stared into his eyes of ice, her own eyes betraying her; showing her fear,'...You're scared..'